Search results

1. C

My Attempt at Weathering w/ powders

all I use are weathering powders and i can give a few tips. use alcohol and streak from the top down. mix powders w/ hairspray and do the trucks and wheels that way. will give a much better look.
  2. C

Telephone Poles

yes i know this is a very old post, but. paint them a very light tanish gray. then do a black india ink wash. follow that up with first raw, then burnt sienna oils, and finally raw umber, all faded to match your prototype. remember, the darkest part will be near the bottom, lightest will be the...
  3. C

What type of rock?

Try thin sheets of cork board stacked on top of eachother. That will give you layers. You can alternate between think and thin boards too for a varied look. obviously a thin coat of plaster then paint will make it look like rock.
  4. C

Anyone Own A Tower 55 Loco?

awesome, the T55 tooling was bought by athearn, and will be made much cheaper in genesis, like 140 ish for no sound, 240 iish w/ sound. sure beats T55's price of 315 w/out sound, and 350 with sound
  5. C

i looked, just junk, no ACe's here
  6. C

Modern Fueling facilities

just search fueling
  7. C

Modern Fueling facilities

try railpictures.net they have pictures of everything, and its easy to search
  8. C

yup, tower hobbies, completely unrelated to model trains (i think they do model airplanes and stuff), and they dont even have the 55 in their name. It makes no sense, and tower 55, now t55, should just name themselves OMI plastic, and get it over with. They are just going to use it as an excuse...
  9. C

i love digitrax too, but for some reason, the sound on these is horrible. look it up on youtube, especially the horn.
  10. C

based on what my local hobby shop said, i would be better off waiting 3 or 4 years for another manufacturer to make them, because T55 has great detail, but a sucky dcc system, a lower end motor for the price, and mainly, THE PRICE. Its up to $315 w/out sound.
  11. C

ok, how about we email them both
  12. C

how about we just petition kato to make the sd70ACe, the gevo, and maybe the sd70mac w/ flared radiators if everyone sends an email to kato, they might make them
  13. C

tower 55 is now t55, and the es44acs are nowhere in sight, and are eta 2008 this is june 2008, and they were supposed to be in stores fall '07

Back