Search results

1. C

How did you decide on your Road/Theme?

Even though I grew up with the GTW just down the street. When I first drove to Ohio and watched Conrail racing across the landscape, I was hooked. I think the spikes were driven farther in when Conrail SD60I's and SD60M's showed up and I knew I had to have them on a layout. The final straw was...
  2. C

Weathered cars are still selling for rediculous prices.

Remember too, some of those guys don't even have layouts. They're strictly into "modeling" the weathering on a piece of equipment. The techniques the guys over at MTW use are quite extensive and they're not just throwing paint on a model. I'd buy one if I could afford it, I'm not sure if I'd...
  3. C

Possible Railroad Prototype Modelers Group in Michigan

Hi everyone, I've been in contact with Joe D. about starting up a RPM group here in Michigan. I just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone here would be interested if one were to start up, or if you know anyone that would be interested let them know. This wouldn't be limited just...
  4. C

What kind of engine is this?

Probably a paperwork issue. Don't forget, the BCOL units are now being repainted in CN colors also... http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2066757 Glad I shot it when it was still in BCOL paint.
  5. C

New to the Hobby. Looking to start collecting.

I don't believe there is a "standard" but HO seems to still be the most popular scale modeled. The smallest radius in HO track I think is still 18", although not very prototypical looking and there's quite a few pieces of rolling stock and even locos that would not make it through the turn...
  6. C

N or HO?

I bet there is room in there for some type of shelf layout around the walls. One thing is for sure, there isn't much difference these days in price between the two scales. I thought about going N scale at one time due to space constraints but I ended up going back to HO just because I like...
  7. C

Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

I only wish that one of these were mine! The first 3 pics are of the Clinch Valley and the next 3 are of The EJE. The EJE layout has 2 separate dispatchers, one for each level. The top level is single track main and the bottom level is double track main. Both of these layouts are here in...
  8. C

Weekly Photo Fun 8/7- 8/13

Had the chance to attend a couple of operating sessions yesterday, Larry Burk's Clinch Valley and John DePauw's Elgin, Joliet, and Eastern. Two basement sized layouts that are a blast to operate on. Here's some pics... Clinch Valley - EJE - You can see the...
  9. C

Magazines

Don't forget these also... http://www.nscalerailroadn.com/ and http://www.nscalemagazine.com/
  10. C

Interview with Tony Koester from MR

Hi everyone. New guy here, seems like a good forum with good people.:) Not sure if any of you subscribe to Scotty Mason's monthly podcast on model railroading but he did a very lengthy interview with Tony Koester from MR magazine. The "Trains of Thought" guy. It's so long that it's in 3...

Back