Search results

1. D

Whats the best looking paint scheme?

We actually solved it in post #1 I was just being nice and letting everyone else chime in.
  2. D

Whats the best looking paint scheme?

Now thats is a very coolpaint scheme I had not seen that one. Thats cool
  3. D

ST Maries River Railroad Log Flat

Those buggers at Walthers would do that to me. I have already started and extensive build on the my first of three GP's used by STMA. However I am a stickler for as much accuracy as I can muster and the rebuilds of the G9s STMA uses makes them look more like GP18s. The fans are all wrong they...
  4. D

here is the last of them.
  5. D

and a few more
  6. D

here are more
  7. D

In various threads the subject of my log car project has come up. Well I finally have the first one done. So here it is. It starts life as a Red Caboose flat car. The decking is cut off of it. The frame is cut so its flat not a fish belly. The ends are covered in styrene sheet. Details are...
  8. D

Locomotive wiring questions

I am building a gp9 dummy loco out of an old Cox model. I have some what I am sure are basic questions. I do not have a layout yet but when I do it wil be DCC. I want to have control over the lighting in this loco. The front head lamp and ditch lights on one circuit, the rear head lamp on...
  9. D

Looking for graffiti ideas?

No problem, I didn't exactly make myself clear. Still not sure if I have :)
  10. D

Are we talking about the same stuff. The stuff I am talking about is kinda like sharpies, they are individual pens with different styles of tips. I am not talking about fountain pens. These pens are for doing caligraphy the lazy cheaters way. I looked online and can't find them. I might be...
  11. D

As I am siting here reading the posts another thought I had was caligraphy pens. They come in a variety of tips and colors. They might have some potential.
  12. D

Well that may be pushing it a bit. I am pretty sure BNSF would prefer to not have their cars all boogered up with graffiti and I do know they spend alot of money repainting cars. It's never ok what they do. I have often wondered why they don't enlist these little farts to paint the cars in...
  13. D

I agree completely that the real thing is vandalism, and it is a tearing down of society and structure. I also believe it is not art but I do believe it is creative, a creativity that is seriously misplaced. I believe that the folks that do it are degenerates, but they posses talent. Many...
  14. D

I have not quite figured out why some modelers will count rivets then ignore graffiti. I enjoy the realism and attention to detail I can bring to a model. I will spend hours modeling the affects of weather and neglect, why then wouldn't I medel the effects of degenerates that tag cars. Yes its a...
  15. D

Peeling Paint technique

I agree that is a good site and all I need is another forum to belong too. Thanks Buddy
  16. D

Peeling Paint technique

I agree where are the photos, Youtube has a good tutorial on the salt but sadly its not on a train.
  17. D

Steal Pictures from Photobucket

Now if proper credit is given or at least and attempt to proparly give it is made...AND... its for personal use not for the gain of the user then why would anyone throw up a stink. If your that concerned about your pictures then that person should think twice about posting them. Personally I...
  18. D

Peeling Paint technique

This is great advice in general and it is exactly what I do. Since all of what I am doing is prototype replication I have tons of photos of the real deal. I only live about a half hour from the yard of St Maries River Railroad. For example the log flat project I just finished I have no less than...
  19. D

Peeling Paint technique

http://www.spruecutters.com/features/techniques.html This is a link to a great site for techniques. They aren't train people but they are excellent detail artists and they give you the techniques. They have a couple of paint chipping tech. that are very good for a little more fine chipping...

Back