Search results

1. O

Returning To Hobby

Yes, IH, The space available indeed has required some imaginative and more Hogwarts like than prototypical track work. But I did see some interesting patterns when stationed in Europe. I guess my goal statement should have been to watch steam and electric locomotives pulling Era II - III...
  2. O

Returning To Hobby

Thanks for the warm welcome, As planning moves forward I appreciate all and any guidance and advice. In an effort to be as thorough in the early stages and avoid re-dos (it's the scale scratch builder in me) I would welcome insights and direction in the following topics. Even in a simple layout...
  3. O

Returning To Hobby

Thanks GeeTee, That single crossover actually replaces a double slip from the original plan. Since the electrics are theoretically bound to the catenary equipped inner loop and passenger siding, they will not operate on the outside loop. The crossover allows for the steam engine access to the...
  4. O

Returning To Hobby

After an extended absence from MRR I am planing a return in N Gauge so that I can see the trains go around again. My plan is a simple double ( Swiss passenger) loop around a large stone pillar ( 32" x 81"). I have learned a couple of track planning programs and settled upon XTrackCAD using KATO...

Back