Search results

1. Tankcarsrule

27,000, 3,000 Gal Tetraethyl lead tank cars scratch built. Size comparison.

TEL was used as an anti-knock gasoline compound until the mid 70s.They always knew it was dangerous, but finally outlawed it except in aircraft gasoline.
  2. Tankcarsrule

27,000 and 3,000 gal Tetraethyl lead tankers size comparison

These are models of real cars I built. TEL is heavy stuff! It was used as an anti-knock compound in gasoline before being outlawed in the mid seventies.
  3. Tankcarsrule

SD90MAC UP RPP shell OMI drive

I always liked the 90MAC, so I made one! The OMI drive came with a brass fuel tank.
  4. Tankcarsrule

Intermountain covered hopper weathered by the photo

This a kit I put together, painted and decaled! BTW, SOO is the only correct road that this hopper matches! I found a photo of a strange, nasty car and did it! I sketched in the basic outline and filled in the blanks.
  5. Tankcarsrule

HO Tankers being filled at Hercules inc Brunswick, Ga

Kymene was produced at this location and was shipped to Macon, Ga for use in paper to give it that slick look! The hopper car is waiting to unload cement for an on going project. the tank car is delivering caustic soda.
  6. Tankcarsrule

My first scratch built freight car

I was allowed to measure and photograph this car at Hercules! It's made from brass! at
  7. Tankcarsrule

Blue box AC4400CW OM! drive

I added a lot of stuff to this build!
  8. Tankcarsrule

Modified and kit bashed covered hoppers

I did these over a period of a few years.
  9. Tankcarsrule

3,000 gal Tetraethyl Lead tank car scratched

Scratched 3,000 gal Tetraethyl Lead tank car! I did use a cut down Athearn frame, but that was the least of the amount of work! Regards, Bobby
  10. Tankcarsrule

Largest production tank car! At 48,000+ gals it went into production!

There were two larger, but they were one offs. Only one of those went into service, the UTLX whalebelly! These cars hauled Vinyl Chloride used in PVC products. They ran in blocks up to five cars!!!! Most of the rust comes off of the walkway!
  11. Tankcarsrule

Bakers Chocolate tank car, bring your own donuts!

This a modified Thomas Brothers all metal kit! I threw away all of the parts except the tank, ends and manway cover. I used a shortened Athearn 40' tank car frame. I fully plumbed it and added end steps and grabs. I made and installed coupler cut levers and air hoses. The little lady needed a...
  12. Tankcarsrule

BLI UP AC60CW corrected to match number!

Sadly the locomotive doesn't match any prototype! I made many changes to bring it up snuff!
  13. Tankcarsrule

Scratchbuilt six axle Phosphorus whalebelly tank car!

I tried to post this car a few months back, but no photos showed up! This car hauled 23,000+ gals in a water slurry! Phosphorus ignites when exposed to air!
  14. Tankcarsrule

Tank cars being loaded at Hercules Inc! Three tank cars are being loaded with Kymene!

The hopper is ready to unload cement for an ongoing building project! The big car is caring Caustic Soda for use in the plant! Kymene is used to give paper that slick look!
  15. Tankcarsrule

A very small 2225gal Bromine tank car!

This is a tiny car by any standards! This type car lasted into the 2000s!
  16. Tankcarsrule

Building a six axle tank car

I'm sorry for the mess I made! I tried to delete the post but couldn't! Maybe the administrator can? Thanks, Bobby
  17. Tankcarsrule

Whalebelly Phosphorus tankcar scratched.

I saw this car and had to build it! The six axle trucks make it a very unusual car! ok

Back