Digitrax “Program Track Empty”

That did the trick, just has me flummoxed I have no program track power…
How old is the system? If it's within the warranty period, call Digitrax and ask them for an RMA to send it to them for repair or replacement under warranty.
Of course, if it's been sitting around for a couple of years waiting for a layout to connect to...

You should be able to run a single red and black wire directly to your program track. Mine are the two center wires.

Attachments

• 20240318_170122.jpg
    20240318_170122.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 15
You should be able to run a single red and black wire directly to your program track. Mine are the two center wires.
Sure did, tried 14 gauge solid, 14 gauge stranded, 12 gauge solid, soldered them each time to make sure I got a good connection on track, station just isn’t reading the decoders off of the Pa and Pb for some reason. Was done updating the individual addresses and cv29 value on main through Ops in no time so I would think the decoders are ok…

If your wires are relatively short it should work flawlessly. BTW, the only time I use the program track is to change a decoders address or read a cv. The rest of the time I use mainline programming to modify the cv settings and all wirelessly.

Program track is right by station, wires probably 24” in length. Yeah, all I wanted to do was program address and cv29 real quick on 3 locos. Guess I will leave it branched off main power for now and kill the main when I use program track as need be, don’t think it allows “Read” though…

I wouldn't be concerned about the length of wire to the programming track. You're well under 50 feet and nothing else on the line or filthy track.

Back