Digitrax throttle

Ok sports fans , first time experience using dt602 throttle . Using an engine that has dcc ( atlas master with dual decoder ) and when using Digitrax zephyr ran just fine all three track loops at various speeds ( only increased speed at start of loop cycles and never touched during the loops . engine seemed like it didn’t want to start but eventually moved when I increased throttle . On the first loop the engine would stopped 4 times in the middle of the run . I only held the throttle with fingers away from throttle knob . Engine would only move again when I did touch throttle knob , I’m going to puta different engine on when I get time later to test out again .
mike

Ok sports fans , first time experience using dt602 throttle . Using an engine that has dcc ( atlas master with dual decoder ) and when using Digitrax zephyr ran just fine all three track loops at various speeds ( only increased speed at start of loop cycles and never touched during the loops . engine seemed like it didn’t want to start but eventually moved when I increased throttle . On the first loop the engine would stopped 4 times in the middle of the run . I only held the throttle with fingers away from throttle knob . Engine would only move again when I did touch throttle knob , I’m going to puta different engine on when I get time later to test out again .
mike
I don't think that's supposed to happen, but I don't have the DT602 throttle, so I'm no help.

I am new to DCC, just received Digitrax 210 and radio controller. Seems fine but I haven’t nearly gotten into everything it’s capable of. Biggest issue I have had is locos sometimes don’t want to fire up on initial Track On button push, I have to turn track back off and restart, then everything is good…. You are right, throttle knobs a bit oversized and to close together… Really need to find someone near me with time and a lot of patience who has experience with this set up, could use some walk throughs…

I am new to DCC, just received Digitrax 210 and radio controller. Seems fine but I haven’t nearly gotten into everything it’s capable of. Biggest issue I have had is locos sometimes don’t want to fire up on initial Track On button push, I have to turn track back off and restart, then everything is good…. You are right, throttle knobs a bit oversized and to close together… Really need to find someone near me with time and a lot of patience who has experience with this set up, could use some walk throughs…
Are these Sound locos ?

All of my sound locos still in the boxes they came in smudge . Like I said I’ll try a different engine with dcc installed and see what happens .
I'm wondering if (a) you have a loose connection somewhere or, (b) as you're using wireless, it takes a few seconds for the two units to connect, but you haven't said which wireless controller you have, so it's just a maybe.

Last edited:
mike
I am wondering if your throttle is powering down to save energy and thus stopping the locos…. Mine is only active for 90 seconds, shuts itself down to save energy, but the locos do continue to run. Yours possibly set up different?

Yes. If everything works correctly the Atlas fires right up, the 2 BLIs don’t fire up till throttle is tickled. Every now and then though nothing works at start up, shut down and restart everything is fine
Are the BLI fitted with stay alive, they would power up first, which would explain why you have to tickle the throttle or they don't fire up the first time.

They do have stay alive feature, they do not power up until I tickle the throttle regardless of power working at startup or restart. Not a big deal, I just wonder why I sometimes have to restart everything to get any action. I do like that the BLIs need me to start them up rather than starting up right away, feels more like I am the engineer lol

They do have stay alive feature, they do not power up until I tickle the throttle regardless of power working at startup or restart. Not a big deal, I just wonder why I sometimes have to restart everything to get any action. I do like that the BLIs need me to start them up rather than starting up right away, feels more like I am the engineer lol
I never noticed that on my BLI, I'll have to take another look at mine.

Ken, can you change the startup using JMRI ?
That particular CV is kinda hit and miss with JMRI, but you could give it a try.
I'm not sure what tab you would look for it in the JMRI layout, but it's just a single check box in the LokProggrammer layout.
Here is a link to an article in Model Railroader that talks about your issue.

new engine on track powered up dcs51 / pluged in cable to the dt602 / hit power button on dt602 no screen light up . touched cable connection into the dt602 then it lit up . stole the engine and advanced throttle engine proceeded to run around track and stopped 5 times going around . shut down throttle and ran with the dcs . engine did not hiccup once , no issues at all all three loops again . the cable ? ( the issue trying to turn on the dt602 . im going to try digitax help desk . could i try a phone cable that i have ?
mike

I don't remember the CV number but one can set up the throttle to give a higher starting voltage to locos that need it. Mine fortuitously all start out with a nice slow crawl with just a little throttle movement.

Back