Walther's NMRBO contest

Iron Horseman

Is anyone else planning on entering the layout scene contest Walthers is hosting? Mostly just curious. I found a couple of the packages contents to be a bit odd. One has two grain elevators in it. Another is mostly roads and plants. The packages are hardly discounted at all (maybe 5%).

https://www.walthers.com/nmrbo

I won’t be entering but I found this curious...

Contest is open to residents of
the U.S. excluding Colorado,
Maryland and North Dakota.

I wonder what those states did to Walthers to piss them off?

I sent Walther's an email asking about the restrictions on the residents of Colorado, Maryland and North Dakota not able to enter Walthers' Modeling Contest.

If I go to Walther's tomorrow I'll ask them in person.

Greg

I received the reply from Walthers to my email about the contest...

"Unfortunately it is out of our control. These three states prohibit
contests of this type.
We are looking at ways to change it for next year that would remove the
legal objections."

Greg

Makes sense. I always find it odd how some states do that. Like it’s a law that was written ages ago for some reason that’s not even a concern anymore. Changing policy is like stopping an aircraft carrier, or more apropos, stopping a mile long freight train; takes forever.

I would, but guess where I live. Our state bans the entry of contests that require a purchase to enter.

It's really sad that other countries can't participate. US is not the only country involved in this hobby. Here in Canada when hobby shops buy stuff, it mainly comes from Walthers. I personally spend over $7,000 at Walthers and this is the thanks I get? well, F..them.

I would, but guess where I live. Our state bans the entry of contests that require a purchase to enter.
Once again just curious. What "kit" would you start with? "feed and seed is calling to me", but I am thinking about the team "city center".

It's really sad that other countries can't participate. US is not the only country involved in this hobby. Here in Canada when hobby shops buy stuff, it mainly comes from Walthers. I personally spend over $7,000 at Walthers and this is the thanks I get? well, F..them.

I'm pretty sure this is a "legal thing", just like Colorado, et. al. Though with Walthers, they could probably offer a Canada only option, but again, there's probably some law against that just "to protect you, the ignorant, gullible, easily deluded consumer so the government knows best and must step in".

I'm pretty sure this is a "legal thing", just like Colorado, et. al. Though with Walthers, they could probably offer a Canada only option, but again, there's probably some law against that just "to protect you, the ignorant, gullible, easily deluded consumer so the government knows best and must step in".

Probably, but I've been part of some contest from the US for Canadians. It could of been that they have a sister company in Canada.

Back