Recent content by twforeman

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. twforeman

Bar Mills Tylick Tool - Time for the Insanity

Started painting today. Got the walls and window frames painted. Going to do a wash and some distressing on the walls. Also got the concrete bases assembled and painted.
  2. twforeman

I will probably do some ink or paint washes. The main reason I don't use india ink washes is because I usually paint with acrylics and the alcohol in the washes dissolves the paint. I have had some success with diluted acrylic washes. And putting clear coat on the acrylic before ink washing is...
  3. twforeman

Bar Mills Crown Crate

Edzackerly
  4. twforeman

Bracing. And more bracing. Tomorrow I'll start painting the walls. I bought some light green spray paint and I have some darker green for the window frames. I'm becoming a fan of spray bombing my kits. I have a nice airbrush, but thinning the paint, testing it out, then cleaning up the...
  5. twforeman

Bar Mills Crown Crate

I'm going to call it finished until I decide on a final location on the layout. Painted the "tar" around the dust collector and installed a couple of lights. Here are a couple of "glamour shots". (Looks like the white balance is off on my "good" camera.)
  6. twforeman

Picked up two more GN Circus Cars on eBay

Just missing one now.
  7. twforeman

Picked up two more GN Circus Cars on eBay

The circus car came today. Other than being very dusty and the one broken stirrup it looks great!
  8. twforeman

Industrial backdrops?

I don't know. I just bought these two because I liked them and thought they might work for 1958 small-town Montana. But the Selz building is pretty large. None of the other flats they had for sale really suited. I might be up for a swap, want to pm me and you could email me some pics or something?
  9. twforeman

Just finishing up Crown Crate and Tucker Brothers Machine Shop and I think it's time to tackle Tylick Tool. I've learned many things on each previous structure build and I think I'm ready for this nasty looking build. :) I bought this kit a while ago - I pretty much fell in love with it when...
  10. twforeman

Bar Mills Crown Crate

Reaching the finish line on this one. I printed my first custom decals for this project - that was a bit of a learning experience. I pre-weathered them in Gimp and they look pretty good I think. Got the dust collector, pile of crates and pallet of stuff painted up. Mounted up the dust collector...
  11. twforeman

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

The RPO brought me a couple of goodies today. The first is number nine of the ten Great Northern circus cars. I only have one to find now. It's in great shape aside from one broken stirrup. The second was a couple of background flats I ordered. The "Selz" flat is a little larger than I thought...
  12. twforeman

Industrial backdrops?

My flats came today. Guess I didn't pay attention to how large the "Selz" flat was. It's a little big for my town. I might cut it in half though. The bank looks nice.
  13. twforeman

NEW VIDEO: RAILROAD YARD with Beautiful Scenery

Nicely done as usual. Beautiful scenery and a very nice town.
  14. twforeman

Bar Mills Crown Crate

https://www.micromark.com/Magnetic-Gluing-Jig-10-1-4-Inch-Square It's pretty useful.
  15. twforeman

Bar Mills Crown Crate

When I built my Earl's Oil kit the roofing material supplied was just printed paper, no real corrugations. It looks okay, but I might re-do it.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.