Recent content by twforeman

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. twforeman

Bar Mills Tylick Tool - Time for the Insanity

Got a little more done yesterday. First thing was to remove all the windows and put them back in with some canopy glue so they stick better. I think this will be the default action for me from now on. After that I decided it was time to install the roofs. After some test fitting and such I put...
  2. twforeman

I'm not dead yet, just haven't gotten a lot of time to work on this. But I did get a couple of things done. I got the trim boards installed. The rails for the crane are painted and installed. And I started putting the roofs on. I think I may pull the windows and add some glue. The...
  3. twforeman

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

The cats (three now) stay shut out of the layout room.
  4. twforeman

Just arrived! Bonus kitten in the photo.
  5. twforeman

Guess I didn't post an update yesterday. I did go back to the LHS again and I helped support their business by purchasing more than just the $3 package of NBW. I also picked up a resin truck model (first resin kit for me) and a Red Caboose model of a GN Western Fruit Express reefer. I installed...
  6. twforeman

I went to the local hobby shop today to get some more NBW castings, but of course when I got home I discovered I bought the wrong ones. Sigh, guess I'll have to go to the hobby shop again. Oh darn. But, since the walkway was finished I decided to bite the bullet and glue down the second...
  7. twforeman

First Craftsman Kit Build - J. Keen Supplies

I think it looks pretty good. Just a general dingy dirty look. I like the darker areas at the bottom where the snow piles up in the winter.
  8. twforeman

My NBW castings (well, moldings) came today, so I managed to get those installed. Man those 1-3/4" bolts are tiny. I see why they sell them in packs of 200, I think I launched at least 3 of them, never to be seen again. I also used the NBW castings that came with the kit on the support beams...
  9. twforeman

Got another box of misc stuff today. A couple of sets of re-railers to hang on my diesels, some bells to put on my diesels (though I just discovered I may already have enough bells - oops,) a snowplow for the GP7, some unpainted people, some nut/bolt/washer castings and some paint brushes.
  10. twforeman

Hey, cool, looks like my local hobby stores are open again too!
  11. twforeman

I added some more grime to the ballast and then went ahead and glued down the first building. Then I remembered that I'm waiting for some nut, bolt and washer castings to arrive, so I can't install the walkway, other building or support yet. But I should be able to start doing some ground...
  12. twforeman

Another Ebay mystery

Wait, am I suppose to be signing my rolling stock? I bet I could get some decals made up for that! :P
  13. twforeman

Another Ebay mystery

Yeah, the bidding history is odd. But still, $29 for shipping in Canada and $49 for the US?
  14. twforeman

First Craftsman Kit Build - J. Keen Supplies

Well it turned out great! I'll have to remember that way of doing it.
  15. twforeman

Progress is a little slow now - lots of waiting for stuff to dry. Yesterday I got some ballast down on the track, then I had to wait for the glue to dry. Today I started putting a grimy wash on the ballast, but the wash loosened up the ballast glue, so now I need to let that dry again. In any...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.