Recent content by TomWilliams

1. T

New transportation system that runs on train tracks

I haven't posted to this thread for a while, but development continues. I took the advice that this would succeed as a toy. Hopefully as a toy it will lead to a future full-scale deployment of value, primary value (in my mind) being a reduction of CO2. As a toy, computer integration is where...
  2. T

Thanks, George and Oliver. I am a EE with 54 years of experience. (Spelled "old' and maybe "senile") I love the idea of maglev but worry about the ohmic loss of the coils. And the cost of track with all that copper in there. In remote locations robbers will come out at night to take the...
  3. T

Agreed. It is an exciting time to be alive with neural nets, machine learning, advanced communications and artificial intelligence. Just wish I wasn't so darned old.
  4. T

Just updated my website www.holtzmaninc.com with information on this idea. There is a link to a white paper at the bottom. Let me know if you have any issues.
  5. T

Long Covid killing your sense of smell can be a blessing.
  6. T

Another thought is that Denver (like other cities) has a large homeless population. These vehicles can carry a tiny house, which can save a homeless person's life. So they can become tiny mobile homes on tracks. You can easily move your tiny house if you don't like your neighbors. Or get...
  7. T

Glad to. Trains are cool.
  8. T

Group, Thanks for all of your comments. Right of way is going to be a consideration where there is an existing infrastructure. Europe has an even greater problem where there are layers of old civilizations underground. Greenfield build is better. The Urban Loop Project France has an...
  9. T

Thanks for the great feedback. Actually there is a comparable system under development in Nancy, France. It is called Urban Loop Project. https://urbanloop.univ-lorraine.fr/ The rails are different, but it is setting records for efficiency in terms of watt-hours to move a load 1 km. You...
  10. T

I am new to this forum, and I am a Colorado inventor that thinks global warming is real and rail vehicles can go a long way to save the planet from global warming while preserving our standard of living. That is, staying out of caves. I have come up with a rail vehicle that runs over static...

Back