Recent content by tombbbb

1. T

Lionel HO Engine motor issues.

Thank You very much for all the replies-I apologize for my delay in thanking you-I have been away from this for awhile. Thanks again, Tom
  2. T

Thank You very much for the diagram. Hopefully I can work it out. Tom
  3. T

Good evening, My Lionel engine's motor drive shaft "sllides" back and forth within the motor, causing binding on the worm gears to the drive wheel gears when it goes forward. In other words, due to this sliding, it only runs backwards without extra effort. Hopefully somemone can tell me if...
  4. T

Lionel O145 Gateman question

Thank you very much. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a sample of that pressure switch, and perhaps try to make up my own. Tom
  5. T

No biggie. Thank you for your attention and interest. I always get help in these forums. Thanks again, now I know what to look for, too. thanks, Tom
  6. T

OK, thank you!
  7. T

Thank You- that looks like a helpful video. Tom
  8. T

I don't know- I think it's for ho scale. Tom
  9. T

Good afternoon, I have a lionel 0145 Gateman building, which works when I apply power to the screws on the bottom. Unfortunately, I don't have the corresponding track which activates it when the train passes. So, I have some questions: What is the track I am missing? Where do I get one? Is...
  10. T

HO trolley bus motor problems

Colin, I had time to spend some time on this thing again, and no matter how I move around wires, it only runs when the wires are set up, as they were when this started, and it runs backwards. However, unlike yours, the motor spins forward!? I'm going to look at the gears next, perhaps...
  11. T

I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly.
  12. T

Colin, I went to the train show in Allentown pa two Saturdays ago, and I took the motor with me. I showed one guy, and he identified it right away! He said they're very difficult to work on. Another guy recommended grounding it, to that frame? which screws to the motor and has the lights...
  13. T

Colin, Thanks for your photos, I tried your recommendation, moving that top wire off the motor coil onto the other lead, but now I'm back where I started, getting the humming, and no spin in the motor. Oh well, I have time Thanks Tom
  14. T

I'm sorry, but I'm working right now-I maiy not get back to this thing for a day or two. But your question is not silly. I put it all back together, body, tires, everything, and it is driven backwards by the motor. I need to take it apart again and see what's going on. Thanks for all your...
  15. T

Wow-thank you-I will compare this to what I have. Thanks again, Tom

Back