Recent content by tcwright973

1. T

[Gn15] Three stupid bandits

McLeod - That cracked me up 😂
  2. T

Short Train

Too bad it doesn't run. It would make a nice under the Christmas Tree display. Like your imagination...
  3. T

Monthly Picture Thread - April 2021

HOexplorer - That is nice. I really like the sweeping curves, trestles & scenery.
  4. T

Roller Coasters

I spent a lot of time & money riding the Dips in West View Park after I was tall enough to ride.. Also the Racing Whippet, a dual track with competing car sets.
  5. T

Engine Facilities You Can Model

A very interesting video with lots of insights & ideas. As a side note, one of the first things I noticed after the G&W takeover was the yard in McKees Rocks was substantially cleaned up. Looked a lot better afterwards.
  6. T

Ernie Hoffnagle's Place

Gotta love it...
  7. T

Rusted old grain elevator in a rural scene with stock yard.

I was (am) impressed with your stock pens. Very nice work on them.
  8. T

The Pennsey

NP2626 Duh! Your question was "Can it still be that popular", not what makes it popular.
  9. T

The Pennsey

If they didn't sell, manufacturers wouldn't make them.
  10. T

What scale was used in the 50's?

I agree with the above post. Everyone I knew in the 40s & 50s had O-27 gauge trains, except for my one friend who ended up with 2 American Flyer trains. With just 2 tracks and those whitewall wheels, he made us all envious. But I ended up going from my Lionel O-27 to HO in the middle 50s.
  11. T

Long Time Away from Here

Hey Chip, I do remember you back when you had the health food store. Seems to me that you gave that up & was doing something else. Might be wrong about that though. I also recall you always had interesting posts about the club you belonged to. Anyway, glad to hear you are returning & hope you...
  12. T

New feature coming to the photo gallery

That looks very promising. Hope all the changes go well for you. Tom
  13. T

No layout? What is your favorite part of hobby?

I'm one of those guys who hasn't had a layout for many years, but that hasn't diminished my attraction to the hobby. My ranking of my favorite aspects lately would be: Railfanning - I'm fortunate to live near a busy Norfolk Southern line and the wife & I railfan almost every weekend. HO...
  14. T

Cars - Rolling stock

Truth be told, I suppose I'm all over the map with this. Basically, I collect locomotives for railroads that run, or have run in the past, in western Pennsylvania. So I started to add freight cars for those railroads as well. But, I have been known to weaken and acquire others that simply caught...
  15. T

Police and fire call boxes

Mike - I just thought of something. If you have a fire station, police station or a municipal building, you could put a fire call box near the main door. In some smaller communities, pulling the box would set off a siren to alert volunteers. A police call box could notify a county or district...

Back