Recent content by Tankcarsrule

1. Tankcarsrule

27,000, 3,000 Gal Tetraethyl lead tank cars scratch built. Size comparison.

TEL was used as an anti-knock gasoline compound until the mid 70s.They always knew it was dangerous, but finally outlawed it except in aircraft gasoline.
  2. Tankcarsrule

27,000 and 3,000 gal Tetraethyl lead tankers size comparison

These are models of real cars I built. TEL is heavy stuff! It was used as an anti-knock compound in gasoline before being outlawed in the mid seventies.
  3. Tankcarsrule

SD90MAC UP RPP shell OMI drive

Good vid! UP is the best!
  4. Tankcarsrule

Thank you Ken, I appreciate it!
  5. Tankcarsrule

It's a Rail Power Products shell. They made shells for engines that weren't commercially produced several years ago. They were bought out by Athearn and Athearn used their GP35 shell to make a scale width engine. OMI made a drive for the SD90. This was before Kato released theirs. It's HO as are...
  6. Tankcarsrule

I always liked the 90MAC, so I made one! The OMI drive came with a brass fuel tank.
  7. Tankcarsrule

Largest production tank car! At 48,000+ gals it went into production!

I suppose you're correct, but we're all different! I was more interested in proving I wasn't a liar than anything else! The person that made one of the posts knew I had been a member for a few years. I was disappointed he kept quiet! OK, I'll be more careful next time, thanks!
  8. Tankcarsrule

Largest production tank car! At 48,000+ gals it went into production!

I was listed as Bobby Pitts the first time I was on the forum, please check under that name and you'll see I've been a member several years. Just to let you know I'm not a liar! I lost my password, so I used my other name!

Back