Recent content by Tacobear

1. T

Christmas gift not functioning

Thanks HD, wish I spoke to you before Christmas! I understand the basics between DC and DCC, we didnt choose this for the wifi functionality, we went this route for sound. We got it working! Somewhat at least :). The wifi functionality is poor to put it kindly. And I dont think I have a flat...
  2. T

So did some volt meter testing. Had a loose connection on the bottom of the track where one of the wires connects to the rail. Some tin foil wedged in there seems to have fixed that problem. The thing is I'm only getting power when Im connected on the control box to the accessories ports and...
  3. T

If I put a volt meter to the wires where the connect to the track should it show me anything?
  4. T

Heres some connections and the controller and the app showing the train should be moving. One other random thing. When I run the locomotive accross that piece the power connects to that is supposed to help the wheels align, it seems to catch a lot and resists. The cargos don't seem to do that...
  5. T

buzzing noise comes from the wifi unit. Its a soft hum. I'll try to load up some pics shortly
  6. T

Thank you all for the quick responses. Sorry for the delay. Yes this is the wifi only version. There isn't an app, you just connect to the wifi that comes from the controller and load up an IP address. There is a box there to put in your train number, which I have done and controls for...
  7. T

Hello all, Sorry if this is the wrong place or the wrong forum, but having trouble finding information on what I'm looking for. My son is obsessed with trains and has been hoping for Santa to bring him one for Christmas for months now. I decided to get him a real HO model train set and...

Back