Recent content by Steamfan1977

1. S

Designing a Multi-Level Marklin C Track Layout with limited space

Another amazing find Christian, thank you so much for sharing! I talked about this idea with my father when we were brainstorming about a suitable location but didn´t think it was very feasible. After seeing this I may have to give this another thought. There are quite a few concerns I have...
  2. S

Hi KriegslokBR52, Agree with you, the train ride from Barcelona along the coast is very nice. We frequently combine a day at the beach in Vilanova i la Geltrú with a visit of the Railway museum there. I am not sure if they have the Mitsubishi 251 but they definitely have a very nice selection...
  3. S

Hi ctclibby, The baseboard is 105cm wide and 191 long (41,3" wide by 75,2" long). The difference in height of level 1 to 3 is around 53cm (21"). Very valuable feedback though and even though we did a small test over the dining table, I will definitely have a look at this again since the left...
  4. S

Wow.... you bring back childhood memories... I remember seeing these pictures in the Marklin Catalogs when I just started with my Marklin beginner set. Really appreciate the pictures and the layout overview.... wish we had the space to build this but definitely will have a close look to see if...
  5. S

Unfortunately we live in a small apartment in the city of Barcelona and do not have space elsewhere. A part of this room is also used for desk and storage. We like to operate two trains together (we have 2 mobile stations) and by designing it as a multi-level it will still give us plenty of...
  6. S

SCARM usage

Hi Mndweller, Hope you have already found your answer but have a look at this link: https://www.scarm.info/index.php?page=help&topic=11 I am working on a multiple level layout and found the use of gradients in Scarm to be pretty easy except for the fact you can not have any height difference...
  7. S

Hello everyone, A few years ago I blew the dust of my old Marklin trainset and introduced my son to the fascinating world of model trains. Fortunately I have been able to get him as enthusiastic about model trains as I am and over the past few years we have built up quite a collection. It is...

Back