Recent content by Skipjacks

1. Skipjacks

WWI Western Front. Diorama 1/32

Holy crap that is amazing!
  2. Skipjacks

What is up with Ebay?

Email Ebay about it. They will fix it. Ebay sides with the buyer 99.9% of the time and usually don’t even ask you questions.
  3. Skipjacks

Little Tavern Hamburger Shop (N Scale)

I'm going to cheat a little bit. Someone mocked up a paper model version of it that's printable. https://originaldave77.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/gbfront1.jpg I'm not going to use the paper prints for my final version. But it does give me a nice template to use where the windows and the door...
  4. Skipjacks

The one on Holabird Ave wasn’t’ a ‘real’ little tavern with the tiny house design. It was actually kinda big and was built into a larger structure. It didn't have the little tavern look at all. There were a few shops like that. But I remember that one fondly. It wasn’t far from my former office...
  5. Skipjacks

A lot The n scale one took me a week working on it every night. I haven't built O scale stuff in years. I imagine it's harder to make things look accurate. N scale is harder to work with due to the size but it's also more forgiving. Small errors or things that don't look quite right are...
  6. Skipjacks

Bachmann EZ Track Rails

The plastic might be molded around the rails. The rails are pretty snug in there.
  7. Skipjacks

I put the final touches on the Little Tavern tonight Added the awnings. Finished up the shingles. Added the interior lighting (can't take a picture of that to save my life) Put a menu board and a Coke sign inside along with barstools (They are all more visible when the interior LED is on)...
  8. Skipjacks

Yeah. Basically the same thing. Except no holes in the deathballs
  9. Skipjacks

It’s funny you mention that. I’ve been working on this project for about a week now and I’ve never been so hungry for a hamburger in my life. Every time I sit down to work on this I get hungry thinking about Little Tavern Death Balls.
  10. Skipjacks

More custom paint schemes

The king of custom paint schemes! Metallic purple with pink bedazzling and googly eyes! My 5 year old daughter likes trains. This was our art project together last year.
  11. Skipjacks

Oh and here's a fun tip on the shingles. I needed green as that's a signature color. I stopped by MB Klein to get green singles and all they had in green was laser cut paper that needed to be glued. They had every color in the rainbow but all of it needed to have glue applied. I didn't want to...
  12. Skipjacks

Folks from the Baltimore - Washington area will know what a Little Tavern is. For those of you elsewhere, it's our version of White Castle. They served little hamburgers out of these tiny little stores. For a little background, they look like this (sort of...every one was a little different)...
  13. Skipjacks

What is up with Ebay?

I don't see the darkness in the world, dude. But I've had multiple problems with eBay buyers in the last few years.
  14. Skipjacks

What is up with Ebay?

I stopped selling on ebay for the most part because the buyer protection program is IRONCLAD in favor of the buyers. They can say "not as described" and ebay will side with the buyer 100% of the time. No amount of photos and proof that the buyer is lying will do any good. Ebay simply sides with...
  15. Skipjacks

My N scale scratch built frieght depot

Meh...it's next to a street crossing too. So any train stopping at the freight depot is blocking traffic. But it's a 4'x2' foot long layout so things go where they fit.

Back