Selector's latest activity

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

• Selector
    Selector replied to the thread Tree size - ho scale.
    The fir beside the trestle here is a real 12" tall. Otherwise, I place trees of all sizes on my HO layout, from 1" up to 8" conifers...
  • Selector
    Selector replied to the thread Wiring Auto Reverse Module.
    I assume your input power to the AR is at upper left, getting its power from the tracks. That's 'small o' okay. Most would power the...
  • Selector
    The switch that allows the reverse is probably defective. I doubt that both models have coincidentally become unable to reverse.
  • Selector
    A good way to finish rails after treatment with a Bright Boy or find grit, and even when they're brand spankin' new (the tooling that...
  • Selector
    It depends on which roundhouse. I believe the Walthers Cornerstone roundhouse is a good mate for their 90' model, but I don't know...
  • Selector
    This discussion comes up about once a quarter, but, here goes: a. metal wheelsets do a great job between cleanings; b. when you do...
  • Selector
    Athearn/Horizon Hobbies should be able to help. If not, I suggest visiting a local hobby shop and purchasing a sheet of 2.5-3mm...
  • Selector
    Selector replied to the thread ballast setter.
    At the very least, after a careful application using this device, you'd want to remove most/all of the grains from the tops of the ties...
  • Selector
    Selector replied to the thread Foam Maybe?.
    It might be useful as plain roadbed, say between the sub-roadbed, such as splines or lengths of thin pine, and the ties. Sometimes...
  • Selector
    Selector replied to the thread Minimum HO Curve Radius.
    Follow these steps, in order, to fashion any curve radius with HO flex track, except below about 16" radius is becomes very difficult...
  • Selector
    Selector replied to the thread On to Track Laying.
    Probably a bad idea....and I'd bet you'd really regret this application once you decided you don't like the track plan there, or the...
  • Selector
    Sure it would, if the need was there for it to be operated remotely. Railroads have used remote actuators for donkey's years. As you...
  • Selector
    http://www.steamlocomotive.com/ When the site opens, look for 'wheel type' which goes by Whyte notation. Look for 6 coupled, then...
  • Selector
    Before the pavement was laid, it would have been near the pavement's edge. If they were to resurrect that turnout, it would be operated...
  • Selector
    Selector replied to the thread Benchwork mistake need help.
    To keep things simple, build one or two access holes and cover them with a piece of foam or plywood with scenery on top. Fiddling with...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.