Recent content by Rusty_08

1. R

Loco dying at turn-out

I researched what kind I have and it looks like an Atlas Insulfrog with the metal frog in between the 2 sets of tracks. There was not an issue before the ballast but I only ran it a few times before ballasting. After ballasting, it ran rough which is why I'm looking at cleaning my track, but it...
  2. R

Loco dying at turn-out

Hi everyone, I'm still new to this so any help would be appreciated. I just ballasted my track and took a loco for a test run. When it reaches my 1st turn-out, the loco dies at the metal frog and the Powercab restarts. If I nudge it past the metal frog, it gets going again. I had caboose throws...
  3. R

Removing ballast

Cheers Dave, appreciate it.
  4. R

Basic control panel ideas?

I already have 3 tortoise machines so may as well hook them up. I get what you're saying tho. Appreciate your response.
  5. R

Right on, thanks a lot for your help.
  6. R

That looks great. Can I ask what made you take the LEDs out? The switch box looks down my alley. Yes, I will install CDU.
  7. R

Removing ballast

Yes just diluted glue. So I can use the alcohol or water, just not sure the process to remove it.
  8. R

Removing ballast

My ballast is too high, causing my locos to rock n roll and stop completely. What would be the best way to trim down my ballast? I've started to check my inside rails and clear ballast from there. To do between the 2 rails, can I just spray with alcohol and use a wire brush? Thanks in advance.
  9. R

Thanks Tim. Ideally I think I'd just like to have all of the switches in the same area of the fascia with a number that corresponds to the turnout. Hopefully that would work ok. My layout will never be too complicated, it is just 4x8 right now with an eventually plan way down the road to add...
  10. R

Hi everyone, Still relatively new to the hobby and very new to wiring. Looking for a basic concept for a panel that has DPDT switches for my tortoise machines. Not really interested in anything elaborate with LEDs etc but will consider it if they are an absolute must. Thanks in advance.
  11. R

Power packs for lighting?

Thanks, appreciate it. Can you tell me where those are sold cheap? I've only seen them on Amazon for quite a bit.
  12. R

So would I just hook up the DC wire from the power pack to the distribution board? I originally asked if I hooked up both AC and DC wires but I read that wouldnt be right. Thx
  13. R

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it.

Back