Recent content by RunningTrains

1. R

KD HO Coupler #5 Discontined

Eric, I've lost enough springs around here to be walking on them, but have only come across two out of many. I see you do Pan Am Railways - Do you by chance do anything with Maine Central? I am in Gardiner, Maine. John
  2. R

DiBuring, I find those springs to be a real pain to put back on with my not so steady hands and eyesight that's not the best (for close up) even with a magnifying glass and light. I bought the MicroM spring tool & I lost as many with it as I do my MicroM tweezers. Just Me maybe...
  3. R

DiBurning, Some of my older Athearn RTR are the Genesis line that included the coupler pockets as part of the frame under the car.....those & my Walther's Budd cars are ones I am having to shim more. I have a small bag of nylon washers I collected long ago, they are thicker and work...
  4. R

YES, out of he 10 I just bought - four springs were out of the #148 already. And now with a bulk pack of 50 on the way - these better not be full of loose springs - like I have seen before in bulk packs of #148's while my LHS still had bulk packs of #5's. Since KD no longer carries or list...
  5. R

THANKS GUY's for that info..... My LHS uses Walther's, Horizon & Hobbytyme among others as his distrubutors. Glad to know that #5's are a mainstay..... I don't know who he was ordering from at the time. I know the #148's cost more than I expected. THANKS, John - RunningTrains...
  6. R

tankist, I typically run 40 car or more trains, and have six to eight running at one time on my two room layout and all are doubleheaded or more. I had just finished putting the last of the #5's on my fleet..... When I installed the #148's on my older set of Walther's Budd cars I had...
  7. R

Yesterday I went to my LHS and ordered 50 pairs of Kadee #5's, they called in the order to their distributor - KD #5's are discontinued - I ordered a bulk pack of 50 #148's and bought a few packs of the #148 pairs they had. I have seen no official announcement from Kadee - you can Google it -...
  8. R

Replaced by their #148 Whisker type. Stock up on the #5 while you can. The Whisker type has a thinner shank and is made from hardened metal, they snap off real easy. The only advantage I see is we dont have to add the spring box, since the Whisker is self centering.
  9. R

What I've learned about MTH, DCS, DCC

MTH CV Reset Reset CV55 = 55. Happy Running. :)

Back