Rocco

I am new to the hobby, having started in August 2020. I went on a shopping spree and now have over 30 sets of N scale trains, mostly KATO. Which is absurd because I'll never be able to build a layout that would accommodate more than a few of them. I've also purchased dozens of kits for buildings. Besides model railroading, I have an extensive collection (approx 1000) diecast model cars and a collection of diecast model aircraft, especially from WWII.

I'm retired from the University of Illinois after 30 years. I'm single now, have three daughters, and five grandkids. I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY, having moved to Champaign-Urbana in 1979, via Moorhead, MN.

I've been interested in model railroading most of my life and regularly attend shows and visit key layouts. Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to venture into the hobby for one reason or another. During the pandemic quarantine, I gave some thought to model railroading and decided to just do it. Age and space limitations make it unlikely that I'd ever build anything of note, but I just want to do the best I can with what I have and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Being new, I have lots of questions. Before I ask any, I will research this site to find answers rather than rehash something that has already been covered.

That's about it. Looking forward to being a part of this forum and learning from your experience.
Birthday
Sep 25, 1946 (Age: 77)
Occupation
Retired

Back