Recent content by Rico

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Rico

Using 3-D printer for structures

Cool Tim, I’ll send you my wish list! 😉
  2. Rico

Martin Luther King Day Give Away

Damn, I forgot to tell you that my guess was in metric. You'd have to double my number then take off fifty four for the current exchange rate. Honest mistake, no worries, just send me the wheels and couplers, BigG can have the car. Congrats BigG and thanx Jerome! :cool:
  3. Rico

Ever have one of those days?

Yeah I get those days too, glad you finally got'r done!
  4. Rico

Grain Terminal Build

I usually use the garbage bin, but I’m curious to see if there’s another solution!
  5. Rico

Insulated Frog or elecro frog for DCC

Ah, good things to know Sooz, thanx! Oh, and welcome back!
  6. Rico

RAPIDO to Knuckle couplers...N Scale Loco conversion to HOn30 Narrow gauge locos

Wow how did I miss this? Very nice Chris, quite inspiring! Oh, and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing more...
  7. Rico

What Other Brands Have DCC and Sound in their O-Scale 2-Rail 2-8-0 Engines?

I don’t think you’ll get a lot of answers here Hal, you’re in a class of your own. Maybe try here: https://oscaleforum.com/ Or these guys: https://oscalekings.org/WP/ If I ever change scales again I would look at a proto 48 switching layout.
  8. Rico

Static grass applicator

“Don’t touch the screen” 😆 This is the first thing that came to mind...
  9. Rico

Water Slide Decals:

Try this: https://www.pdc.ca/rr/custom_decals/ You can bookmark it for when the time comes.
  10. Rico

Control of Crossovers,...doubles & singles

I think you’re correct on the geometry of the various angles being problematic, (I came up with that all by myself!), but I think it could be done with some flexible connectors and a center pivot. Being that it’s in a difficult to get to location I’d maybe give another thought to powered switch...
  11. Rico

Martin Luther King Day Give Away

Hmmm I don’t need the boxcar so much but I do need the wheelsets! 😉 If this were the price is right I guess I’d say one dollar, but put me down for oh... 149.
  12. Rico

Grain Terminal Build

Tom that looks extremely close to the color I use! I believe it’s Krylon as well but the label is long gone from running hot water over it.
  13. Rico

A new beginning...JRs UPRR.

Very nice! I used to drive one exactly like it but in red. Ok, I guess not exactly... Then one day the boss got it painted into company colors, we were so disappointed.
  14. Rico

Old Tyco HO Scale Set - Advice on Maintenance and Mounting

I’ve heard about gravy trains but this is the first time I’ve seen a soup train tho! 😆
  15. Rico

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Maybe we should start a new RPO for the new year? I can see this one becoming a monster before too long! 😝

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.