Recent content by RevivalinHO153

1. R

starting over with HO scale

More mountain pics and Backstory...
  2. R

Finally getting some time to submit anew post. This one is about the mountain I have added to my layout. The mountain is in a corner of my layout, kinda like an anchor! Theidea is for the flat landscape and parallel tracks to lead the eye tothe mountain. Two mainline tracks go through tunnels...
  3. R

I have finished my first scene on my new HO layout. It is an Amish Farm, in a corner of my layout which I had no other plans for. I live in Colorado but I grew up in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Amish and Mennonite country. So even though my layout depicts (with lots of liberties) the area...
  4. R

Let's talk lift-out bridges! My layout requires two lift out bridges just inside the room's door, in order to walk into the human areas within the layout. In researching how others have done lift-out bridges I saw a lot of complexity. One hobbyist even built his bridges to move up ingeniously...
  5. R

Thanks for the compliments!! If you are using or plan to use KATO track, then you may be interested in this nice controller for KATO turnouts....One of my challenges with space constraints in my layout, which is in a small bedroom, was to have turnout controls mounted on the layout fascia that...
  6. R

some pics of other progress with buildings. Added background buildings and a Hershey Chocolate Factory and an Amish farm. I grew up close to Hershey Pennsylvania in Amish country, so a touch of home! All of the buildings have finished interiors and lighting.
  7. R

I am back!!! lol, Let's talk about moving electricity! I want to share a neat way I discovered for doing the wiring under my layout. I was first planning on using T taps but dropped that idea for something a lot easier to use. The item I discovered is called a CirKits SPL-62...
  8. R

Hi. I haven't posted in a long time, not online much, mostly just very busy. Being retired has enabled me to make good progress on my new layout. Track is all worked out and in place. Gratis to AnyRail software...priceless!! Some wiring for DCC is done, but operating trains on DC to test...
  9. R

My benchwork is finished. All is supported by angle steel anchored to wall, except peninsula, which is on legs of black gas pipe with round flanges as feet. framework is steel with wood inserts to screw OSB to. Only two legs to floor makes it alot easier to do wiring underneath, and to clean...
  10. R

Backdrop with clouds painted is now finished...
  11. R

typo..it should have read 'The blue backdrop WILL have clouds painted onto it by an artist friend of mine.' He is practicing creating clouds right now so when he paints the clouds on the blue bsckground, his technique will be perfected.
  12. R

Here is a progress report on my new HO layout. I have just finished the lighting valance, with all the LED lighting installed. All the LED lighting only draws one amp!. The blue backdrop with have clouds painted onto it by an artist friend of mine. For railfaning effect, I am adding a train on...
  13. R

Guilford Railman, thanks for your welcoming! Iron Horseman...I did turnouts facing one direction to make it easier to pick up and deliver cars without having to use runaround tracks so much and in the tight space I have to work with it just made placing industries easier. Real railroads prefer...
  14. R

Hey, I'm back. had to take time to plan and go on a 6 day 49 mile backpack trip in wilderness canyons in Utah. Also had to redo my track plan due to getting one huge surprise that I would not have seen had I not ordered a few turnouts. I discovered upon unpacking some turnouts that some track...
  15. R

Oh, and Beiland...I want to mention that I like your metal benchwork framing, would be easier to do that than wood L girder. I was already considering some of that where my staging yard is since the yard it is only 7 inches below the bench surface and I would need space to work with rolling...

Back