Recent content by Reading1

1. R

Searching for an HO Reading G3

Thanks for checking in Boris. I'm mostly just a steam guy, though I do have a nice Reading FP7 that I can use. But it's steam I seek, and really just the G class. Reading made 10 G3s and the entire G class was 55 engines, and you're right on where they mostly ran. I know there are some Crusader...
  2. R

Espee, I envy your ability to grow a brass collection. Unfortunately, I've got two college tuition payments hanging over my head. Needless to say, brass engines become a tough sell (though my wife does support my train hobby). I'm only a DC guy, so if I could find a brass Reading G in the...
  3. R

Espee, I really like your thought process! Now if I could just convince the wife of that logic....lol. I have that Riv cab forward too with it's pizza cutter wheels. It's also big for my layout which is why I'm concentrating on Reading Pacifics - and I don't want a camelback, just a G. I need...
  4. R

Yeah Trailrider, it looks like that might be the only option. I just wish my building skills were up to the level needed for this. Getting the right firebox is obviously a big part of this and also the correct drivers, lights, etc.
  5. R

Trailrider, yeah I've bounced around a lot of photos too looking for something that most closely matches it. No such luck. I've never really kitbashed or even detailed engines/rolling stock before (straight up RTR guy - I do weathering a bit, but that's it), but it looks like that might be my...
  6. R

Thanks Fold. I kind of figured I might be out of luck. Bummer....
  7. R

So it looks like for a Reading G it comes down to Brass, a poorly detailed IHC version along with a Penn Line and a ConCor Crusader engine. Anybody know of any others?
  8. R

Now if I could just graft some model-building/Kitbashing skills into my very not creative fingers I'd give that a shot. Unfortunately, I'm in more of the RTR crowd (But I very much appreciate and respect your suggestion Dave). And it looks likes sadly that's pretty much going to wipe out my...
  9. R

Thanks for the response Dave. I feared that brass might be the only route for the G3. And unfortunately that's out of my $ reach. I didn't realize the IHC was based off the USRA Pacific, I just knew that it didn't look anything like a G. I checked out Casey Peters, he does great work. Shame it's...
  10. R

Thanks MHinLA, I do have a CNJ switcher from AHM (early IHC) and it is deep-flanged. But I run mostly code 100, so it works. I'm just surprised that Brass, IHC and the Penn Line Crusader are the only version of a Reading G class that were manufactured. I've looked pretty extensively online and...
  11. R

Relatively new modeler here, working on the 1940s to early 1950s era in and around the Philadelphia area. Been searching high and low for an HO Reading G3 (or even a G1, G2) steam locomotive. Don't seem to be many relatively accurate G3 models out there. I'm not interested in the Crusader...

Back