Recent content by railhound

1. railhound

When to lay track in tunnel?

Detail and get your base paint first, IMHO. Just rough it in. Then after your tracks are in, cover your tracks and finish it. Make sure your tunnel sides have proper clearance... I've had to discover the hard way before hahaha.
  2. railhound

Your favorite locomotive?

Overall, I'd have to go with C&O's M1. Even though they didn't get most of the kinks worked out till near the end, they were massive and looked awesome. For diesel it'd have to be the GP30s. They just looked so brutish. For a traditional steam engine, it's close between C&O's H-8 Allegheny...
  3. railhound

My N-Scale "Scenic Ridge" Layout

I think it's looking great! I am working on a new layout as well. Have you plotted out your scenery with any graphics programs like photoshop? I found it helpful in figuring out trees, roads, etc.... Looking good though!
  4. railhound

City Point Railroad modelers...

In addition to the South Carolina Railroad, I am also looking for people who model the City Point Railroad or the Atlantic, Mississippi and Ohio Railroad. If you know of anyone, please let me know how to get in touch with them. Thank you. -RC
  5. railhound

South Carolina Railroad (or Canal and Railroad Company)

I am looking for people who model the South Carolina Railroad or the parent company, the South Carolina Canal and Railroad Company. If you know of anyone, please let me know how to get in touch with them. Thank you. -RC
  6. railhound

HO scale in 3'x8'?

Have you talked to the guy about carrying N scale? Or even ordering it as you need it?
  7. railhound

Hello All

My name is RC. I have heard positive things about this forum and wanted to join the community and see what is going on over here. I enjoy all roads and all scales, but enjoy a great community more than anything. I hope to learn a few things as well as be a boon.

Back