Recent content by q in sac

1. Q

Intermodal Modeling

BNSF and UP usually pulls single well car to 3 pack or 5 pack spine car. Most of the trains that you see are going to Chicago. Some are in mulitple sections. Check out these pictures...
  2. Q

Intermodal Modeling

Check out this link: http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/central/intermodal.html Another resource, Guide to Intermodal Operations from Model Railroader magazine, Jeff Wilson is the writer. Very informtive, you can order from the Model Railroader web site or go to your local hobby shop. :)
  3. Q

Favorite DCC system and why do you like it?

Well, yesterday a friend of mine and my son was invited to tour a Sacramento model train club. They had a Digitrax Chief system up and running. Man, I was impressed. They had 5 operators running trains on the layout at the same time. Diesel and steam. Dimming headlites, ditch lights blinking...
  4. Q

GB, thanks for the input. i was leaning to the Atlas system, then other postings about Digitrax, NCE and Lenz made me more curious. And your right, the pricing is lower than Atlas plus more features. Again, thanks. Q in Sac
  5. Q

New to DCC.... I'm new to this forum, and after reviewing this post, it is helping me to decide what system to purchase. These systems are flexable for your taste, NCE, Digitrax and MRC are the front runners. Has anybody used the Atlas commander DCC system? Please chime in. What I'm looking...

Back