PowrCab's latest activity

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

• P
    PowrCab replied to the thread Nickle silver rail color.
    ADDENDUM.. I was incorrect..Bmann has 22"r steel alloy curves as well.. only, it's all in their True Track shouldered ballast, hook 'em...
  • P
    PowrCab reacted to D&J RailRoad's post in the thread Trix Big Boy with ESU Decoder with Like Like.
    Good point. I thought most here would just want to see it running down the rails. I'll break out the cam again this evening and capture...
  • P
    PowrCab replied to the thread Trix Big Boy with ESU Decoder.
    6:04.... I love the very last clickety-clacks over the joined rail before the tunnel...gives it that sort of 'last goodbye in 'train...
  • P
    Even if, IF steel flex were more expensive and too costly for new comers, that doesn't mean the other stuff would not be there to chose...
  • P
    Selector and others, I've stated that a full sized club here in L.A. has all hand laid steel rail and is my sworn testimony that they...
  • P
    So here we are: Though not orange like brass rail, yet still not completely gray-shiny-gray like steel, NS possessing an unwanted amber...
  • P
    PowrCab replied to the thread HO steel rail flextrack.
    ADDENDUM # 2 !! Thanks !! But get this !! Just for the halibut I was watching a couple Vids from Britain about their track v gauge...
  • P
    ADDENDUM TO ABOVE I wonder if it is at all possible that NS ages and turns a bit yellow ? The piece of track I grabbed (above) is about...
  • P
    PowrCab reacted to Selector's post in the thread Nickle silver rail color with Like Like.
    I agree fully with the ambient lighting, and that's a very astute observation on MilWRoader-Steve's part. Even cameras' settings for...
  • P
    Hi ! I am the 'member' Dan is referring to... I have been arguing against him in that his claim of NS rail having a goldish tint to it...
  • P
    DAN L !! THIS JUST IN !! Turns out you are right !! I was communicating with you outside home...Last night I grabbed a piece of Atlas...
  • P
    Well, OK.. But to me and I'd think most others, Peco, Atlas, Walthers, ME, is silvery-chrome looking, not gold or yellow..Perhaps you do...
  • P
    Good decision !! Just curious tho - What goldish color do you speak of ? The 1:1 is chrome-like to gray on top..and the NS 1:87 is...
  • P
    Then you'll have to skip the idea of a steel railed layout unless you want to settle for sectional track with no wider than 18"r curves...
  • P
    Not sure about the Pasadena being all steel. But for sure the Highland Park Society of Model RR Engineers, a club I visit here in Los...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.