Recent content by pjohnson1980

1. P

Dual speakers for a Tsunami sound decoders

To end any doubts, straight from the tsunami installation guide:
  2. P

my layout design

It was the "Um, not to rain on anyones parade, but..." if not for that beginning I wouldn't of thought it negative. that usually tells me someone's about to tell me what I can't do. No problem though. they haven't figured out how to make a sarcastica font yet!
  3. P

tsunami sound problem

I just shipped it to Soundtraxx. They'll have it by the 24th. Wonder what the turnaround time is for them.....
  4. P

Tortoise Switch Machine Wiring Tip

Mine are going to be powered by there own DC power supply. I started ordering power supplies and kept ordering the wrong type. Instead of sending them back i kept them for future use. As for you finding the short, I'd rather be lucky than good!
  5. P

No problem! AC can be nasty. I have been in electrical engineering for over 15 years. Right now, working for one of the biggest mining equipment manufacturers in the world. That stuff is complicated!
  6. P

tsunami sound problem

I love the sound of my tsunami, I just hope this is a fluke thing.
  7. P

Nope. Meant what i said. Straight out of tsunami installation guide "Larger numbers equal a lesser load, therefore 16 ohms is a lesser load than 8 ohms" you are thinking of resistance load, not power draw.
  8. P

Dead wrong backwards. Any resistance is added when wired series. Higher resistance = lesser load. Two 8ohm speakers wired in series would be 16ohm, and lesser load than one 8ohm speaker.
  9. P

my layout design

Thank you for being kind! Like i said, i consider you guys pros, but this layout is what i want it to be. Lets keep it positive.
  10. P

tsunami sound problem

They said the amplifier is sensitive to static electricity. What can i do after i solder the connections to eliminate the risk of this happening again? Wrap it in electrical tape?
  11. P

tsunami sound problem

Spot on! I just got off the phone with them and I'm sending the decoder to them for repairs under warranty. I got 0 volts from the speaker out put.
  12. P

my layout design

I did not ask for suggestions. Simply showing my layout. I've worked on it for months. I'm not looking to be prototypical. Not asking for MY design to be judged by seasoned pros (which i consider most of you), just sharing. If I cooked you a meal, would you tell me "i would have done this" or...
  13. P

my layout design

In a hobby that it completely in the eye of the beholder, why would you ask such a thing? That's just rude.
  14. P

tsunami sound problem

I wonder if an on off switch to the main bus would work too?
  15. P

my layout design

The turntable has 2 main lines leading to it. Of i was going for a prototypical layout, i would defiantly take your advice! I am just going for what works with my fantasy little town. Thanks though!

Back