Recent content by Petz

1. Petz

Operating rotary coal dumper

Many thanks Paulus! Similar experiences i had done at function models from the german Vollmer company; it seems they spare the testing of their constructions in practice.... :rolleyes: Troubles had been shown by their large coal bunker, conveyor and also the gravel plant too so some...
  2. Petz

I had adapted the clamp bars for fitting my very old Walthers LS&I Ore Jenny´s set (and also european EAOS type cars); both end rings and the lead plates had been mounted in 180° turned position so falling gravel pieces could not enter and block the leading system or gear anymore - also i use a...
  3. Petz

I´d like to show that the Walthers/Cornerstone rotary dumper could be brought to motorized function but some modifications are necessary to secure a proper working:
  4. Petz

Your H.O. Fleet Question

This is the diesel backbone fleet only - locos where more then one piece running. All locos are non - digital but i use a catenary and the old Trix EMS system on some engines so i´m able to run until four locomotives on the same track. Vehicle park include 13 steam engines, 47 electric locos, 45...
  5. Petz

ranking loco's quality by manufacturer...

:) @sushob, thank you very much.
  6. Petz

ranking loco's quality by manufacturer...

Top quality: Atlas, Kato, Gützold. Trix and Rivarossi some models running too fast. Standard quality: Mantua, Walthers, Roco, Fleischmann, Kleinbahn, Klein - Modellbahn are ok. Bachmann, Proto, Athearn would need a stronger motorization for proper running at low speed. Rebuilding need...

Back