Recent content by OleSmokey

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. OleSmokey

The greenbrier logging and coal co

Old age is no fun at all!!! I am getting a bit better. I have a collapsed lung. They are working on me. Went there today and will be back next week. Its something left over from the surgery. I had one chip i bought and it was weird. The wires came off like just..nothing. I sent it back to NCE...
  2. OleSmokey

Building the Pinacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Merry Christmas Jim
  3. OleSmokey

The greenbrier logging and coal co

Wow, I can't believe its December again. I haven't done much to the layout as i have been in the hospital and one surgery and recoope from that. Looking at another one in January. Anyone that says that old age is fun, i say Bah Humbug!!! The way i am going this could be my last Christmas! I am...
  4. OleSmokey

How many prefer to buy DCC equipped vs. DCC ready?

I forgot to put the picture in for the last post. It's a bit blurry, but like I said shakey hands... now if I can get over this surgery and maybe get rid of the shakes I can finish both of them.
  5. OleSmokey

I guess this is one of the reason I have fish.
  6. OleSmokey

Very Nice Fellow!! Love the under bridge scene too!
  7. OleSmokey

On this thread again, The place for the dcc chip is in the oil tank or in my case the wood box in the cab. The dz126 fits really good. My hardest issue is the motor. The motor sets on a flat spot with its contacts touching power rails and the fun... is getting the wires from the motor turned...
  8. OleSmokey

Saw my doctors this week and they said that swelling is normal. It will get better. so they say...:( Off the meds they were giving me and i am in pain! I have to grind my meds up and put them in my soup, pudding or whatever. Can't eat anything normal that i would. I told the doctors about this...
  9. OleSmokey

I'm here but don't feel good at all. My neck hurts and my throat feels weird. Feels kinda like breathing through a tube. Hands shaking. i think it could be the steroids but don't know for sure. The pain pills take the edge off but not doing what it should. Hope this gets better soon.
  10. OleSmokey

Yey, back home!! Sore but happy to be back. Right now laying down waiting for pain pills to kick in. Back later, Smoke
  11. OleSmokey

I dream about being back on the road again. Seeing the real trains and short lines along the lines of dnrgrr and other places across the nation. I love the shays and climax and hysters at the museum in West Virginia. Old Spruce is a nice way to enjoy the day. Cass has lots of great engines they...
  12. OleSmokey

Had surgery today. Am in the room and still sore but they got me on some dope. I am sleeping and am about ready to go back asleep. I'll give aa update tomorrow. Smokey
  13. OleSmokey

Will have to check in on them. Waiting for a surgery first.
  14. OleSmokey

Another thing is "if..you bought it on-line at places like Ebay or Amazon, they will void the warrant. I ran in to that just with the latest loco i bought on Ebay!! Cost me 60 bucks for them to fix or replace it... My understanding is that on-line places like Fifer Hobby and regular stores, the...
  15. OleSmokey

I have two Atlas Shays that need to be dcc. They are still waiting for me to do them. I just turned 67 and my hands failed me. Not to sure but i may have screwed the pooch on one of them. The jury is still out on that one yet. My question is why don't these folks sale there engines all dcc ready...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.