Recent content by OleSmokey

1. OleSmokey

The greenbrier logging and coal co

I have been fighting these braces and paying for it. I took them off one day for a couple of hours to see if they would stop hurting and they pretty much stopped hurting. A couple of days later i got in the mood to do something on the layout. I got the track loose in the tunnel and laid down 3...
  2. OleSmokey

I hope i can too. Gonna keep orders for the track and scenery stuff for the layout. I also unplugged the layout and covered it with a plastic cover. Not much else to do . These braces really hurt when i try much of anything
  3. OleSmokey

I went in and saw the doctor. What he had was the Xrays and whatever i could tell him about the problem. After he showed the pictures he came to the possible idea to put braces on both hands. I do have Arthritis in the fingers and hands. There is a area in both hands that has calcification on...
  4. OleSmokey

If they want surgery, i have no idea how good this doctor is. Thats the way with the VA Health care System
  5. OleSmokey

I am sorry but nothing happening on the layout as i am having pain in my hands. I wake up because of the pain. I have it going up the arms even. The elbows get the pain too. 7 days till i see the doctor and will hope he can do something right then. I have ordered stuff to get the layout running...
  6. OleSmokey

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Good to see you around fellow!
  7. OleSmokey

Well, It kinda looks like my old office. That carpet is really nice and just for kicks i dropped a car onto the carpet to see if it would still be hard on the car but it didn't even get a scratch and nothing came off so its doing what it is supposed to do. One less thing to worry about. The...
  8. OleSmokey

tight radius amtrak passenger cars

Bachmann also has shorty passenger cars
  9. OleSmokey

Well, we got all the stuff out of the room but for the layout. It won't let us take it out of the room. Its too long to make the tight corners so if i ever leave here..Well i will have tear the layout down to be able too mover it out of the house.So far i have the computer back up and running...
  10. OleSmokey

Back before Christmas i had ordered a piece of carpet to fit my room. I ended up in the hospital and Deb, bless her heart decided she could lay down the carpet but in the end she had it going the wrong way. So, I am removing everything out of the room and turning the carpet 90 degrees so it fits...
  11. OleSmokey

Right now, its in the tunnel with the passenger cars. Its not finished yet. I tried as best as i can but had issues with the paint lines and decals. Trying to get a sheet of decals that are new enough so they don't fall apart when you try and transfer the decal to the engine. The engine is alive...
  12. OleSmokey

Well, the races were a wash out so i went to work on the layout. I got one end of the track work done where i installed the #6 turnout. I got the hot glue gun fired up and got about half of the new ramp glued down. Tomorrow i want to cut out the river in the new foam and get some rock work for...
  13. OleSmokey

Got the track and board down and ran into issues. I ended up getting the turnout in the middle between the first run around and the final run around. it makes me add another trestle and another part of the river. Its ok, just still making it kinda hard to figure out how to make a mountain side...
  14. OleSmokey

Taking it about as easy as i can. It took me all day to get the new front part of the Passenger station done. The foam is cut and glued and drying right now.I am cheating by using 1 inch and doubling it up so it makes 2 inch foam. I have a lot less waste that way. Have a few shots I have the new...
  15. OleSmokey

I have been busy with doctors taking pictures of my lungs and chest and my hands and blood draws. Getting sick has caused other issues to come up and i am running out of energy. So i haven't done much to the layout other than making plans for the layout. I have the new table done and the foam...

Back