Recent content by Noah_Count

1. N

Inflation?

I said "most people". There are exceptions to everything. I'm 56 too and I was perfectly happy with my Apple 5C till it crapped out completely. I now have some cheap off brand android but it's fine for what I need which is allowing my family to keep up with me when I'm out and about. I have no...
  2. N

My Opinions.

I'm always surprised by how apparently important my opinions are. I have very strong opinions on many things and I'm not shy about voicing them. What gets me is how much and how badly people seem to get bent out of shape over them. Especially in model railroading. I'm always careful to use "IMO"...
  3. N

Inflation?

Thank you! Could not have said it better myself. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that. If you want change, you have to ask for it and usually ask for it loudly. No one just comes along and hands things to you. The people who are satisfied with the "Status Quo" are usually the ones who...
  4. N

Inflation?

The only numbers talked about were my smartphone example. Of course I'm not privy to HH numbers but I not only deal with them in the model train market but in the RC radio and model market as well. I really don't think they are hurting. My main point is that you can't put them in the same...
  5. N

Inflation?

For one thing, there are different types of model railroad manufacturers and vendors. I can sympathize with the fellow little guy having to charge a premium price for a rare limited run item. I cannot sympathize with a corporation like Horizon Hobbies charging what they do for models and the...
  6. N

Inflation?

I'm not talking about limited editions. That's a completely different thing with different motivations. Common sense tells one that there is no way it cost anywhere near 1500 dollars to produce said smartphone. Maybe way back when, R&D cost that, but that's long since paid for. The profit margin...
  7. N

Inflation?

Don't get me wrong, I'm new here and the last thing I'd want to suggest is that folks here don't have common sense. However, if you look at society in general and the younger generations in particular, good old fashioned common sense seems to be in short supply. I don't know what happened to it...
  8. N

Not Noah, Michael

The Noah Count thing is just a screen name I've used for years, a play on an old joke about "mr. no account" that my older brother and I thought was hysterical when we were kids. Anyway, I was searching for an old friend from my N-scale days and found him here. You know him as HOexplorer. I...
  9. N

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Yes, I had read that you were having to move on from mode railroading and was sorry to hear. I had some medical issues that sidelined me for quite some time but I am now back and early retired at 56. I have plenty of time now but no money! I wish I could indulge in the On30 but even if I had the...
  10. N

Inflation?

I agree with you completely that the stuff today is overpriced. I see folks trying to justify what there is no justification for but it is what it is. If you want the items, you have to figure out how to pay for them because now that "they" know what people will pay, it's not going to go down.
  11. N

The Black Water and Blue Ridge Railroad

Since , I found an old friend here on this forum, I've decided to start posting some pictures and details of my current HO pike. First of the history of the line followed by some pictures later. Pics might take a bit as things are a mess so please be patient. Anyway I now present ... "A short...
  12. N

Jim, So sorry to hear of the health issues. I don't touch base as often as I should. I'm looking for a photo in this thread where there is a "wrecked" loco off to one side. I believe it was a casting. Can you or someone else help me find info on it? Prayers, my friend Michael
  13. N

Yes, still modeling and still in HO. Hope to be doing some narrow gauge HO at some point when finances allow. I hang out mostly at the MRH forum but have been meaning to get around to looking at some others so here I am. Layout looks great as usual! Michael
  14. N

Hi Jim!!! How are you?

Back