Recent content by Nannuu

1. N

Smoke Units

Thanks for the information guys. I'll try a party store too, I never realized they had stuff like that other than plates and tinkertoys.
  2. N

Smoke Units

I'll test the ice with some other frosting first. I'd prefer not to gag the kids :o
  3. N

Smoke Units

If I place it under the cake and the smoke rises up a tube it shouldn't splatter on the frosting right? The smoke will be coming out of a volcano but the volcano will be cake and probably covered with fondant. Maybe I'll test dry ice with some icing other than fondant to see how it reacts. I...
  4. N

Smoke Units

I tried dry ice on a previous cake and it made the fondant all sticky and gross as it flows out and down so I was hoping the train smoke thing would be the way to go. It won't touch the frosting if the smoke goes up.
  5. N

Smoke Units

Sorry to have to register for this but I have a question about smoke units. I want to use a model train smoke unit for my daughter's birthday cake but I have no idea what to use. Can I just buy a smoke unit and some protosmoke (nice smelling kind or unscented) and hook it up to a battery or DC...

Back