Recent content by Mr. SP

1. M

Painting Lines on Road

Road Stripes I used 4 scale inch decal stripe for the stripes on the roads on my layout. Since I live on a major highway I went out early one Sunday morning while there was little traffic and measured the stripe. It is 4 inches wide and 20 fwwt long with a 10 foot skip. The roads on my...
  2. M

Coupler and wheel question

Generally #5 or one of the new whisker kind will work for most situations. I use Kadee couplers on everything. The clones are all substandard. As for wheels sets turned metal ones are the way to go. Personally I use Kadee trucks correct tor the car. I have a unit grain train made up of 40...
  3. M

Athearn HO GP40X

Gp40x I have two of the Athearn GP40X units on order at Branchline Hobbies in Longview Tx. I would imagine they will be prototype correct as for details. The ones on order are for Espee. The two changes will be to change out the rubber handrails with Athearn GP40-2 wire ones and couplers to...
  4. M

Tunnel Motors

Tried to add photos but they wouldnt attach????? A couple of Tunnel motor models of the late Espee
  5. M

Walthers Trainline GP9M?

Walthers GP-9m The Walthers GP-9m is a widebody ala Athearn GP-7. The two I have run quite well and pull good. I have pulled a twenty car train with one of them. They run fairly quiet. I replaced the funky oversize handrails with Athearn GP-9 sets which improved the appearance. Couplers were...

Back