Recent content by modeltrainguy

1. M

Best Hobby Shops on the Web

Definitely the first place I look when I'm shopping for hard to find parts, vintage trains, and discontinued model railroad cars. I'm not saying you'll get the best price on everything, but the selection definitely wins in my book. Plus I love to bid:p
  2. M

Best Hobby Shops on the Web

Definitely the first place I look when I'm shopping for hard to find parts, vintage trains, and discontinued model railroad cars. I'm not saying you'll get the best price on everything, but the selection definitely wins in my book. Plus I love to bid:p
  3. M

Ideas on making a section for future layout

Have you looked into any layouts that you can disassemble really easily? I mean, there are so many model train layouts for small spaces, but why not compromise and just go with a larger layout that you can put up, and take down. Just my 2 cents..
  4. M

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

Beyond impressive! Absolutely loving your model railroad layout. Your detailing seems pretty spot on, personally I never seem to have the initiative to put the time in. I'll keep following your thread, I wanna see how the whole masterpiece lays out. Beautiful work D&J!:D
  5. M

Hurricane Sandy

Locally, some are without power. Its not terrible where I am, but I have seen some horrible sights just a few towns over. My prayers go out to my neighbors, and fellow model railroad enthusiasts as well.
  6. M

Hello from Holly Springs, GA

What n excellent story. I am so glad that model railroads could benefit Aidan's quality of life. I hope the two of you remain to bond over this new hobby, and look forward to hear about your new layouts, car builds, and scenery designs!
  7. M

Hey Guys!

Figured I'd put up one of these intro threads. New to this specific forum, looks like some fun swapping info and pictures. Been a member of some other forums, figured I'd slowly migrate over to this one:D. Looks like a really great group of guys, and gals!
  8. M

Atlas S.Series..

So if it is plugged with a weight, then wouldn't you just compare the speaker size with the factory weight that you've removed? I don't see an issue with upgrading your car to include an aftermarket speaker.
  9. M

Athearn Blue Box Power/Maintence

I do understand the lower price option here, but have you found these to run better than the NWSL? Assuming that money is no object to the OP?:D
  10. M

Jerome's Switcher Roster

Holy Cr@P thats a collection. Puts a tear to my eye seeing other switcher enthusiasts;) Bottom picture, third pair from the right, I think I have you beat though with a set of 7!

Back