Recent content by meriachee

1. M

First WiFi Loco-Nodes, ready for fabrication/assembly

troll. Interesting response to a request for qualification, turn it around and throw it back. Whatever. Have fun with this latest venture, I hope it works out ok for you.
  2. M

oddly enough there may be people out there who do know a thing or two, have been around the block more than once and could offer constructive input to maybe provide a small degree of consideration to some of the glaring issues that seem so apparent. That must be some battery that will allow a...
  3. M

Side frames. Ready to order. 90 bucks. Thank you, no. I've seen this movie, I know how it ends. So so let me see if I have this correct, you have some boards that do some pwm lighting, require a battery that won't fit into an ho gp40 unless you go about removing most of the weight to install...
  4. M

None of the criteria; size, capabilities, integration, co-residency, support, supply or what appears to be generally accepted detailed development process management seems to be applied for these ongoing (and meaningless) screen shots. Admittedly, the gentleman has some very good ideas, but...
  5. M

That appears to be the business model. Everything is a "pre order item" with little intent to fulfill the order. I still have the email suggesting that I'd get a blob of melted trucks if I didn't be quiet, a year after the order, and another not so nice email when the credit company sided with...
  6. M

Intermountain HO scale CNR SD40-2w

We just had an Intermountain and an Atlas right beside each other. The only real difference is that the cab on the Atlas is 3/32 shorter than the IM. Yes they are different tooling, and yes they should be the same, and neither mfgr likely spent a lot of time looking at the plans, but they are...
  7. M

CN Weathering

Rust is always fun. I was playing with the little Sony camera today, and have finally decided that I don't like it - it's jerky, and it makes the trains look like they're jerking along, when they are not. Anyway, here's an action shot of the slug: http://youtu.be/royznIrcCRY It's an Atlas...
  8. M

CN Weathering

I understand full well that starting from scratch would be fairly easy to replicate, but as I mentioned in the original post, I am not starting from scratch. I'm leaning towards the thought of masking off the stripes, and dealing with each "layer" as a separate entity. The samples out there...
  9. M

CN Weathering

Can anybody offer insight on how to achieve the look of the primer showing through the black and stripes on the CN hood units? The proper paint sequence would be to paint the hood with primer, then black, then add the white stripes. That said, proper weathering would have black and primer...

Back