Recent content by Marlin338MX

1. M

The Fox Creek Railroad - Layout update thread

Looks great, thanks for the update!
  2. M

Building My First Layout

I've managed to fit 106 freight cars on my layout. I have room for a few more cars. That number doesn't include all the engines and passenger cars that are also on the layout. I have one more single dome tanker on order. Here's a video that shows the trains that I have on my layout. The engines...
  3. M

Building My First Layout

I inherited mostly Atlas track and turnouts, so I bought the Atlas track planning software. I tried a different free program, but I couldn't figure it out. I found the Atlas software easy to use, and I'm not exactly computer literate. I created my track plan based on my available space, and...
  4. M

Building My First Layout

Thank you! It took about a month to build. I had no idea what I was doing. I'm happy to be finished with it.
  5. M

Building My First Layout

I built a wooden trestle from an old Campbell kit. I had to use some extra 1/8" square sticks to build the bents, and some 1/8" wide wooden stir sticks to build the "X" braces. The kit says it has enough parts in it to build any of these trestles, except the one in the lower right. I built a...
  6. M

Building My First Layout

Thank you! My progress has slowed down in the past few weeks. It'll get slower as summer gets into full swing.
  7. M

Building My First Layout

I got rid of one of the Tyco working stations that didn't work. It was the culvert pipe unloader.That gave me the ability to extend those 3 industrial spurs with more track. That opened up parking for about 9 more railcars there. I also moved the row of downtown buildings closer to the far...
  8. M

The 60/40 Layout And Other Railway Related Things

All those small parts look intimidating... Can't wait to see it assembled.
  9. M

Burlington Northern Crane Car & Boom Tender?

Thanks for the pics! Those Athearns look good. My friend sent me a couple of pics of his BN tender.
  10. M

Burlington Northern Crane Car & Boom Tender?

I've been all over the internet looking for information on who made an HO scale BN crane car and boom tender, and when. A friend of mine has a BN tender from his dad's model train collection. I'm curious to know who made it and when. It resembles the very "popular" Tyco A.T. & S. F. crane car...
  11. M

Building My First Layout

I finally unboxed the last 3 engines from my dad's collection. The first one was the Bachmann A.T. & S.F. 2-8-0 Consolidation. Much to my surprise, and very happy to report, it ran great. The next one was the very nicely detailed Bachmann Great Northern 2-8-0 Consolidation. It only made 1...
  12. M

Kadee PLASTIC couplers

Thanks for pointing this out, I had no idea. I've only bought the 148's.
  13. M

The 60/40 Layout And Other Railway Related Things

Did you figure out what caused the mishap? Looks good now!
  14. M

I Found A Conrail Jordan Spreader Today

These Walthers models look very nice, and appear to be very detailed. I think the price is fair for you get with these.
  15. M

I Found A Conrail Jordan Spreader Today

Here's a used one for $895, and missing some detail parts https://brasstrains.com/Classic/Product/Detail/166411/HO-Brass-Model-OMI-3310-1-UP-Union-Pacific-Jordan-Spreader-903021-F-P-1995-Run-Ajin

Back