Recent content by jmaxs

1. J

Painting Lines on Road

I've seen model striping tape at art supply/hobby stores. However it does not appear thin enough for HO scale ( 1/8" is the smallest I've seen).
  2. J

Painting Lines on Road

It appears this would work well for HO road striping.
  3. J

Painting Lines on Road

Beugler Striper The Beugler Striper makes pinstriping and detailed paint lining on any surface remarkably simple, and it’s easy to use. Your Beugler Striper comes complete with a variety of wheel heads enabling you to stripe in several widths, from extremely fine lines to clean broad strokes...
  4. J

Woodland Scenics Road Sytem - Using Smooth-It

Paving Tape vs. Weather Stripping Jmaxs, how much is that weather stripping tape? Is it cheaper then the WS Paving Tape? _______________________________________________________________ The Paving Tape = $ 7.99 30ft roll (1/16th inch thick) Weather Stripping = $5.49 20 ft roll (...
  5. J

Portland Cement on Model Railroad Layouts?

Portland Cement I used DURHAMS WATER PUTTY and little plaster(sifted thru a strainer), applied to a bridge on my layout using a foam brush. Then after drying sand until smooth. You can re-apply another coat(s) until it looks right to you. The bridge was made of acrylic and this mixture...
  6. J

Woodland Scenics Road Sytem - Using Smooth-It

Smooth-It another way.... This product( in my opinion) is the best way to make roads or concrete surfaces on a layout. However I have found additional ways to working with it: 1. I found the 1/16th inch thick Paving Tape makes too thin a surface to work with. I use 1/8 th inch...

Back