Recent content by Jimmy

1. J

Getting Started

Wow! What a lovely post, and I can't thank you enough for it. The model trains world is suiting me great, and guys like you is what's making it happen. Your inputs and recommendations are duly noted, and I will be going through all the options and videos you were kind enough to suggest. I will...
  2. J

Getting Started

Thanks a lot. No harm done, since bidding is still going on that one. And I did realize that it was an AC controller after I contacted the seller. Appreciate your concern, and the recommendation for compatible controller. I will look into it.
  3. J

Getting Started

Can't thank you enough for detailed information you provided. Yes, it does make sense about what you are saying; I will dig deeper to get to DCC at later stage, and for now will go with simple DC. But its good to know there are people to help you with information and who know what they are...
  4. J

Getting Started

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to having a fun on this forum. Appreciate your time for confirming on flyboy2610's information. I don't plan to keep my locomotives a chance to run every year or two. So I guess, it should be fine.
  5. J

Getting Started

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. This information will sure come in handy! I do plan to run these locomotives once every couple of years, so I guess it should be fine.
  6. J

Getting Started

Hello All- Since I am completely new to the world of model trains, please forgive me if my questions seem stupid. I am just trying to make out heads from tails right now about inheritence of locomotive models I got (and many of you may curse me for being a fool who got a chance at this) from my...

Back