Recent content by injectorman

1. I

Scorpius wireless digital train system

Theres other ways to achieve anti-collision, transponding (more receivers), mapping and more. Rick
  2. I

Im more concerned about front to rear anti collision during automatic running. If you are using block detection to stop collisions front to rear then a train cannot enter a block until the previous train leaves that same block meaning for a split second or more there will be in fact one...
  3. I

Hmmm, not sure why it has come to an end, Im sure theres much much more to think about before hardware architecture can be set in concrete. Then theres the software side. Thanks for that. So a collision could occur if blocks occupied by different trains are adjacent? One is stationary...
  4. I

Just use it in Scorpius wireless mode, train will stop, go, etc. In this case it will just cost you for the controller and mobile decoder, $238 all up. Rick
  5. I

Scorpius SMP Ok heres the new system. Ive listened to the concerns of the members here and have addressed the issues accordingly. It combines wireless with DCC and DC very cleverly using just one magic box for everything, a modular add on system with one box per 4 blocks, but it does...
  6. I

Then the bonus of integrated ID detection which I havent really spoken about. With the point detection concept, because of of nifty comms, Scorpius already has a great ID system, not just detecting a some train somewhere in block 14. Using throttle mapping I can actually show in real time...
  7. I

Firstly thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. I can just shut down power for a few milliseconds so loco does not lose momentum and switch polarity, so thats sorted. Yup I just realised I should have moved isolation point A under B. Thats sorted. Correct. The only solution is...
  8. I

It is of course possible but adding another radio chipset to the throttle PCB would be the preferred method.
  9. I

Dont assume someone new to MRR cannot use a basic menu. A newbie is just a person, nothing said about his intelligence level. The way I see it everyone with a mobile phone uses a menu system because thats what every phone uses. And almost everyone has one. One has to ask why? :) However...
  10. I

Hi. I answered this in post number 62 :) Configuring is dead easy, figuring out the differences is the hardest part. As post 62 says using times each loco takes to get around the track could be used........... I wont repeat it here. A more complex method is using current sensing on the...
  11. I

Hi, Oh every point you ask has already been discussed, its all in the thread here:) 1)Compatibility, Scorpius can run on Scorpius and DCC. I never said you could run DCC on Scorpius, although of course it could be done. DCC could go via rails OR air. There really is no limitations...
  12. I

You obviously think Loconet was invented for nothing and no one uses it? Or that Digitrax are dreaming? Or the system I showed off the net doesnt exist? Its simple, DCC is limited to how much data you can squeeze on rails. After a while you need a seperate data bus, accessories bus...
  13. I

Once in ten years? Guess that sums it up, it is incredible. It is much more reliable than data on rails and nothing I know of can compare. I think it is in the big picture. It is nothing for some guys to spend $500 on a single loco. As proven as soon as a control bus system is required...
  14. I

Hi Tanklist, I only need to know the end users requirements and how MY system can be applied. Like when the MP format was set up, the requirements for CDs were pretty much irrelevant. This is start again stuff, Im only putting DCC protocols on the loco. So I will need to know the DCC config...

Back