Recent content by idiot

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. I

Looking for n scale chickens

Thanks.
  2. I

Looking for n scale chickens

Looking for n scale chickens. Thanks.
  3. I

WOW! AWESOME! SPECTACULAR! AMAZING!

Yes......Northlandz in New Jersey
  4. I

WOW! AWESOME! SPECTACULAR! AMAZING!

"Popular Science" magazine Spring 2019 issue has a 10 page article with full page photographs of a 52,000 square foot model railroad. 8 miles of track and a control panel that uses more electricity a month than most homes use in 2 years.
  5. I

N Scale National Emergency

Sorry, NO offence, but both of these cornfields look very artificial and the color of the second one is horrible. But thank you for your suggestions. I might have to see how some others made their own cornfields, wheat field, plowed ground, etc.
  6. I

N Scale National Emergency

Where are good n scale cornfields, wheat fields, farm yards? All I'm finding are HO. Any N scale look plastic or paper, and grass and dirt mats don't look real. Also N scale shouldn't cost as much as HO. I'm planning a n scale country layout without any town/city buildings. Hey, don't you...
  7. I

DCC Wiring

N scale 42"x42" DCC layout attatched file. 11" and 19" radius curves. Atlas #6 manual turnouts. NCE Power Cab DCC system. There is only one wire from the NCE to the track; is that wire to connect to a wire block and wires on the wire block to the track? I don't see any reverse loops. The...
  8. I

Short &/or Long Address

What is the best address to use? Leave locomotives all with #3 short address and assign different long addresses?
  9. I

SIZE

1. I bought some Atlas code 80 N 11" curved track and did not know about 19" track. Kato passenger cars can handle the curves, but the cars hang over/off the track and look wrong. Can I keep the 11" curve track and add pieces of 1/2 length straight track between the pieces of the curve track...
  10. I

Turnouts Atlas #6 Manual 2706, 2707 N Scale for DCC

I am planning to build a small N scale layout using Atlas manual turnouts # 2706 and 2707. I will be using a NCE DCC starter system. 1. Do I have to do anything to the frogs? Are they live? 2. Do I insulate one or both end rails of the turnouts and then 3. Do I have to add wires anywhere to...
  11. I

Looking for Atlas Track L11004

Looking for N-scale Atlas track L11004 N-4 double loops track set. "Backorder Not available" Google searches.
  12. I

PRICES

Have a forum where you can ask about the price for an item, and others can reply so that we can find the lowest price on an item.
  13. I

Why?

Why do so many model train dealers not give enough information about their products? Looking for a locomotive.....just says DCC, nothing about "ready" or "equipped." Looking for a locomotive or car....doesn"t say what radius track it can use. Looking for a locomotive or car...doesn't say...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.