Recent content by Happy Curmudgeon

1. H

Reboot Railroad...

If you look at the satellite photo of the old yard, that fits with what's there pretty good, I'm leaning towards two loops with the yard inside on the right and some of the industries down on the left, maybe model the viaducts into some how just for giggles.
  2. H

Reboot Railroad...

Red Eared Slider is a turtle. I like your idea of running the curve around the roundhouse, it has merit. This is what's left of the roundhouse today...
  3. H

Reboot Railroad...

I'm not sure really, what I have right now is a flat table 4' X 16', an ungodly amount of flex and sectional track, a few bridges and some layout materials and a vague idea of what I want. First problem is what I want fits the real estate quite well but doesn't really allow for a continuous line...
  4. H

Reboot Railroad...

I'll be using HO, the section of town I'm looking at with a bit of distortion/compression should fit well, on one end of the river there's an old hydro flow dam and at the other there's a low head dam that was intended to keep the water level navigable between the two and they'd run packet...
  5. H

Reboot Railroad...

I hovered during the first battle, and my wife told me that's not going to happen this time... this is probably as much for her sanity as mine.
  6. H

Reboot Railroad...

I pretty much stopped work on my old layout last year as soon as riding weather set in, and then in November my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and that pretty much was the focus over the winter, and after a much needed vacation in the early spring after her treatment was over, it pretty...
  7. H

It has begun, sort of...

I'm back, I tore it all down in July, managed to salvage most of the track, trees etc too. All neatly boxed and sitting on a shelf in my new shop, waiting to be reborn in our new (and final) home way down there at the end of the finished basement, where I have a roughly 6' X 16' free and clear.
  8. H

Movin Day at the BSVRR

https://www.facebook.com/IowaTractionRailwayCompany
  9. H

Movin Day at the BSVRR

Moving day for #53 https://youtu.be/M2c92ErA6zc
  10. H

First WiFi Loco-Nodes, ready for fabrication/assembly

Fri, 2012-10-05 03:44 — joef Federal Trade Commission rules for placing online, mail, or phone orders - the merchandise must be delivered within 30 days or the customer must be contacted. The customer contact after 30 days must provide the customer with the new expected delivery date or offer...
  11. H

I'd gladly go to an entirely new system at this point, my Digitrax gear would still have good resale and most of my engines haven't had decoders installed yet so it wouldn't be a bite the bullet situation, I like the idea of dead track as well, it would expand possibilities for me greatly, heck...
  12. H

By the way, if anyone wants to buy his domain, he must have forgotten to pay his bill, it's available to register https://www.godaddy.com/domains/searchresults.aspx?prog_id=GoDaddy&ci=4853&checkAvail=1&dpp_itc=dpp_whois&domainToCheck=layout-joe&tld=com
  13. H

If a business owner sent me an email like that our lawyer would have taught him a whole new definition of regret, thanks for the heads up. On the other hand his website is always down so I can't even verify if he has any of these modules in stock and his posts here definitely don't contain any...
  14. H

turning your trains around

I pick them up with hand, while making crane noises and turn them around. The crane noises are a vital step.
  15. H

I don't know either one of you from Adam, and I'm pretty sure at this point, I'm good with that. Let me know if you ever make them in the US with US made parts. I pay extra for that kind of thing.

Back