Recent content by h44

1. H

yard explained by engineer. very great footage

Awesome video, thank you for sharing.
  2. H

Code 100 or 83?

I have some brass flex track that I picked up for use in a stub ended yard seeing just cars would be on it no engines. I also did not clean the track, and to my surprise my 8 yr old ran an engine down one of the empty brass yard tracks and the engine ran smooth, weird I also have some brass...
  3. H

concret pad at the end of siding or beginning

i'm in the planning stage of building an bulk transload industry. its going to be a single straight track with 30 inches going thru a building. i'm thinking of having a concrete pad for unloading tank cars, should it be located before the track enters the building or after the track leaves the...
  4. H

DC single cab block wiring

ok thanks tonight I will try the disconnecting the wires tip
  5. H

DC single cab block wiring

hello i'm in the process of wiring the layout, its straight DC. A the moment it is a single cab that i'm using with block control and I have come up with a situation. first its common rail wiring with the right rail with the gaps cut into it. i'm using an atlas selector to control thhe blocks...
  6. H

What is the role of the 44 tonner?

ACF in Milton Pa has a 45 tonner, uses a 2 person crew moving flat cars, unfinished tank cars, finished tank cars around the plant an on to the interchange track (NS)
  7. H

same customer 2 plants opposite sides of town, sharing loads

say 2 bakery type manufactures in the same town merged , both facilities have the same basic ingredients and management decided to keep both places open, would it be feasible say both facilities orders 50 tons of sugar, from the same supplier would it be practical for both orders to be sent in...
  8. H

caboose industries ground throws

i'm looking to use the groundthrows for my manual code 100 atlas switches what is the best one to use, nothing needs to be wired ty mark
  9. H

food industry

ihave a small fleet of PS 2600 covered hoppers that I would like to use in the cereal/ food industry what would or could they have been used for? ty mark
  10. H

wet water ballasting method advantages

its a yugo
  11. H

Nature's Miracle

so i discovered this evening my cat likes my layout he decided to mark it up as it's own and peed on the back drop puddling up under the track luckily it was before the ballast was put down, so i was able to pull the track up and saturate the affected area with NATURE's Miracle pet stain and...
  12. H

wet water ballasting method advantages

Hi i learned how to use the wet water ballasting method from this forum about a year ago . i had previously drawn out the track line put the roadbed down then painted full strength white glue on the roadbed , nailed the track down then sifted the ballast over the wet glue, let it dry for around...
  13. H

Kellogg's owned boxcars

anyone know where and who the customers that recived the ex- PC X79 boxcars leased then owned by Kelloggs? ty Mark
  14. H

DC block wiring

control unit
  15. H

DC block wiring

DC block control bachmann power pack here is the picture of the power pack i asked about using as the second power pack thanks

Back