Recent content by GuilfordRailman

1. G

Back to the hobby

Welcome back to the hobby! You’re in the right place to collaborate with fellow model railroaders, very helpful and skilled people.
  2. G

Techniques for Painting/weathering Wooden Loading Dock

I’ve got some of that! Interesting idea, might have to give it a go, thanks!
  3. G

Ahh okay. That makes more sense! I will give it a go then with a water-based stain. Thanks!
  4. G

Really great information, thanks! I’m not sure it would make sense for me to purchase wood stain since I would need very little, but I assume the effect would look relatively the same if I created a wash using brown paint and water? I could then apply either weathering powders or a lighter wash...
  5. G

Good to know, thanks! I’ll have to experiment with that and see what I can do about weathering my road.
  6. G

Awesome, thanks for the information!
  7. G

I found this photo online, has some interesting coloration on it. Thanks for the information, very helpful!
  8. G

Looks great! Thanks for the info!
  9. G

I assembled a wooden loading dock a while back and I’ve begun to do research on painting and weathering it. One technique I’ve found is to spray paint the dock black and then use various brown and gray powders to weather it. Has anybody tried this technique before? Any other methods you...
  10. G

Northern Pacific Rocky Valley Branch Switching Layout Build

Oh yes, I am quickly learning that!
  11. G

I used fine ballast, light brown and cinders.
  12. G

Thanks! The oil platform is a little frustrating to be honest. The directions aren’t the best and unfortunately a few of the pieces in the kit are warped making things a little tricky.
  13. G

Had a chance to work some more on Rocky Valley. I continued with the final step of the rock faces which included dry brushing white paint onto the edges of the rocks to show sun bleaching. I think overall the rocks turned out great! I also applied the foundation layer of turf and weeds to the...
  14. G

Walthers Oil Loading Platform Modification Help

I’ll keep these in mind for the next build. Since I already have the Walthers kit i’ll use it, but those Williams Brothers tanks look great!

Back