Recent content by Graff

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

The layout is ready for more work. I've cleared out everything non-essential from the train room, which gave me a little bit better overview of how to proceed. I've got me some electrical work to do before I continue with the track laying.
  2. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I built a Timberline kit I had in the stash. The Hardware store: An old kit with some small faults. I had to true up the walls, as they were leaning and also a bit too wide. The shop windows, built from wood strips and plastic castings were a challenge as the templates were wrong and the...
  3. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

Thanks! Painted the new rockwork today. WS pigments. I have now soaked the surface with diluted Modpodge so I can add the black/raw umber wash.
  4. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

Had some time to spare today. I've painted part of the fascia, it looks so much better in black. Done a bit more rockwork as well. I use ordinary plaster in aluminum foil. Then I found an oil pump on Thingiverse that I printed on my resin printer last night. I'll see if it can be...
  5. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I made a bridge for the road to the tunnel. 3D printed sides and cardboard/wood subframe. I've just graveled the road, so the bridge is a little wet ... Sylvan car I also built recently.
  6. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I guess the material inside foam core sheets?
  7. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

Thanks! I made a retaining wall out of Depron foam that I scribed with a pencil before painting it with gesso and some paint. I glued it in place with hot glue. I surrounded it with my homemade Sculptamold.
  8. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I made some utility poles today. It's an Auhagen kit. I installed them temporary on the layout. I will add E-Z line later.
  9. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

Tested the new turnout control. I'm really satisfied.
  10. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

The benefit of these bulbs is the high CRI rating of 90%. It really brings out the colors.
  11. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I installed the new lights over my layout today. I use 6 W LED bulbs with 2 feet gaps in between them. It's a LOT brighter now!
  12. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I installed lights in more of the buildings and connected them on the layout. Now I'll have to see what else needs lights.
  13. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

Installed lights in some of the buildings today. The General store. The Pool hall. The Bordello. It is great with LED lights.
  14. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

Some new pics. C-25 at the engine house. K-27 filling water. The town of Holy Cross. The mining company presidents residence.
  15. Graff

The M-K & Eastern RR

I've started on the trees. Definitely going to need a LOT of trees for the layout....

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.