Recent content by Graff

1. Graff

The San Miguel Central RR.

Here's how I do it. I use water-based paints and the most important thing is to use a slow drying medium! Otherwise it will not work... The smallest brush I'll use is a #3. I will paint a "Bay color" horse, so as the base color I use light rust. It is mixed with slow drying medium and water...
  2. Graff

Here's how I paint my figures. These are from Aspen modeling company. After a thorough cleaning that I end with a good soak in Isopropyl alcohol, I prime the models in black acrylics with the airbrush Then i mix a medium grey paint that I airbrush at a 45° to almost horizontal angle from...
  3. Graff

Painted a horse and rider in O scale. I used to avoid painting horses when I was in H0, but now it's real fun.
  4. Graff

I have updated my track plan. It sure eats up more real estate in On30 compared to HOn3...
  5. Graff

I edited a picture of it in b&w. It looks a bit more historical like that... 8)
  6. Graff

Some pics of the plastic kit I just finished. The San Miguel Herald (or SMH for short, as the content always make you shake your head...). I´m quite satisfied with the guy with the block and tackle. The old man proof reading todays edition.... The chimney that I made from a balsa core...
  7. Graff

San Miguel herald, an O scale building kit

Final weathering is done, the roof got a light weathering as well. I modified a standing Preiser figure to make him sitting on the bench on the porch. He got a newspaper to read as well. 😁 I made a ladder for the roof. I rebuilt the block and tackle into four ropes instead of three. Now...
  8. Graff

I painted and slightly modified a figure to handle the block and tackle. I also made a load of an oil barrel for it as well. It looks quite alright to me.
  9. Graff

I made a sign for the front entrance. Cardboard and wood with decals from micro scale. Touched up some areas as well.... I'm really satisfied with how my wood blocks turned out. Some bits and pieces on the floor as well. The chimney was made by covering a balsa core with cardboard...
  10. Graff

Almost finished! Just some small details left to do. This kit was a real enjoyment from the beginning to the end. It was fun to see what parts needed extra details or alterations. Totally recommended!
  11. Graff

Did some more on the kit. Painted the foundation, shingled the roof and added a fire platform. Added a tar paper roof on the porch. There's a bit more to do, but it's getting there....
  12. Graff

I started painting the walls today. As the walls already was painted with an aged wood color, I started with the chipping layer, a thin layer of cheap hairspray to prepare for the weathering. I then mixed a light greyish green color using acrylic paints from AK. I airbrushed the walls with a...
  13. Graff

I've started the build of the kit. This is the box art: It's actually a very uncomplicated kit, but it has a lot of potential! The contents of the kit, it seems to be made of ABS. It glues well with MEK. The walls are shiplap siding, but in my opinion a bit too plain. I decided to add some...
  14. Graff

Getting there.... Still have to glass the upstairs windows, add furniture and lights, rafter ends and final weathering....
  15. Graff

As part of the history search for my railroad, I learned that historian and archaeologist Dr. Henry Jones Jr. had a copy of the Drumhead logo for my railroad: the San Miguel Central. Luckily, I was able to exchange a copy in exchange for information on where to find a "safe warehouse" in the US...

Back