Recent content by gpilapil

1. G

New To Model Trains: Need Help Please

Thanks all! Sounds like I have some work to do
  2. G

They did not need to be re-quarter. They have been that way when the side rods were attached but not functioning well. Willie it's an HO steam train. Thanks
  3. G

Yes, it is an HO steamer
  4. G

Yes I think I understand. They are as you say, using the screw holes as pointers, on one side pointed to 6 oclock, on the other at 3 oclock.
  5. G

and yes they seem to be "in quarter". When cranks are pointed down on one side , the other side is pointing to the side.
  6. G

Thank you for such quick responses! 1st question - Re: quartering, assuming this was my issue, would you be able to feel any tugs/snags/binds as you roll the wheels(please excuse my use terminology I am very green in model trains and mechanical engineering in general). I have the train off the...
  7. G

Hello All, I had recently received an old train set from my father in-law from when he was a little boy. Having 2 young ones of my own, I thought they would love it so I'm trying to get it running again. Unfortunately the train engine, a Lionel 0625"southern Pacific", is not running well. I've...

Back