Recent content by Fresnojay

1. F

My new yet unnamed layout.

A few more.
  2. F

So not a lot done since my last post as I just ran trains :D. But I have now begun in earnest the scenery work. Plaster cloth added to riser tops and have now begun texture and filling of the hillsides and risers. Have earth tone paints on hand for the next steps as well as the ground cover to...
  3. F

Here is a little bit of an update. I got some more shaping and rough forms in on this module. Unfortunately I am at a stand still right now as my tool of choice my Hot Knife went south on me. So until I can get a new one in the next day or so this is all I have. Hope you enjoy the work so far...
  4. F

Beginning on the scenery!!! In the last few days I have begun the building up and shaping of the contours of the scenery. Lots more to come as I have not even hit 1/3rd of the layout yet.
  5. F

The original layout design had a double cross over in it as the original design was for 2 separate mains. I kept it in the design as I liked the look of the cross over. I will probably put it in once the turnouts and such begin arriving to finish the trackage. Would be nice to run the consist...
  6. F

Aytrane, Yes the mossie flies great ;-). Jason
  7. F

Rico, There is plans for a crossover between mains in front of my workstation. But the track plan is basically a folded dog bone. So its one continuous loop. In my original design it was to be 2 separate mains but decided I liked the longer run of a continuous main. Still plenty of mainline for...
  8. F

Current day pictures of how it is as of right now. These pictures represent where the layout is at this point. I am still waiting on some turnouts and other misc track sections to complete the track plan itself. Then will come the scenery. As you can see in these pics I already have some...
  9. F

More progress to current state pictures. This series shows the progress of the elevation changes and tunnel construction.
  10. F

Set of next pictures and progress. In these pics it shows the foam base and the beginning of the riser/incline installations. I used Woodland Scenics 2% incline/decline sets for this.
  11. F

This is my first layout in well over a decade. But in its planned decided I wanted to do it right from the ground up. I model mostly UP, SP, with a little fantasy steam excursion and Amtrak thrown in. Going to try and post up to where I am at this point. I these pictures is the beginning of the...
  12. F

Looking for custom painting/detail services.

Well I want to thank you for making me research this more. I am at present kind of disgusted with the manufacturers at this point. I found full sets in ho scale which I already knew of but there is one even in z scale! But no n scale. Also had no idea that the California cars were different...
  13. F

Jerome's Switcher Roster V 2.0

Love the boxcab. I like the switchers myself too. So much so my first loco in large scale was a 23T boxcab. Nice collection. Jason
  14. F

Looking for custom painting/detail services.

I am looking to have 3 superliner's done up in amtrak california scheme. This is N scale btw. The San Joaquin scheme to be more exact as I already have a loco to pull it till they eventually if ever bring out a F59PHI in N scale in that scheme. The cars (1 Coach, 1 Coach-baggage, 1 Lounge)...
  15. F

Custom painting/detailing?

Ok so post he query for the car painting the in the locomotive section? Just making sure as I don't want to ruffle any feathers. So I take it your booked up? lol. Quote as to what it might cost? Jason

Back