Recent content by flyboy2610

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. flyboy2610

Walthers GOO Out of stock!

Say it isn't SO, Ethel!
  2. flyboy2610

Making mountains

To get rid of the gauze texture on the plaster cloth I used spackling paste. I wore disposable rubber gloves and just globbed it on, then dipped my fingers in water and smoothed it out. You only need a thin layer. It works well and isn't as heavy as drywall compound or plaster. The brand I used...
  3. flyboy2610

Bulb and Wiring Help and Advice Wanted PLEASE!!!

You will have to solder the wires to the leads and use heat shrink tubing to insulate them. Don't stress out! It's not a big deal. If you're going to be involved in this hobby, sooner or later you need to learn how to solder.
  4. flyboy2610

my dcc loco wont respond????

He may not reply. He hasn't been on here in almost 7 years.
  5. flyboy2610

Foam, glueing foam, painting foam

Coming along nicely! 👍👍
  6. flyboy2610

The Union Pacific Soggy Bottoms Subdivision (HO scale)

I wish life would stop being so crazy! It seems like forever since I've really had an opportunity to get anything done on the layout, plus I have a locomotive project I need to find the time to get back to! I'm going to try and get something done tomorrow, I promise! I did get something done in...
  7. flyboy2610

Decals

Yes, on more than one occasion. They have good service and pretty good shipping times. I have no qualms about ordering from them.
  8. flyboy2610

NCE Powercab famine

I work for a company that manufactures seat components for a major auto maker. Things are a bit slow right now due to the auto maker not being able to buy enough computer chips. There is a computer chip shortage/backlog right now, and that may well have something to do with the shortage of NCE...
  9. flyboy2610

The FINAL Expansion

When my daughter was a toddler my wife took her to see Santa Claus. Santa asked her "What do you want for Christmas?" My daughter replied "A pack of gum." "Anything else?" "No. Just a pack of gum." Santa looked at my wife as if to say "Enjoy this while it lasts!" It didn't last long.
  10. flyboy2610

Decals

I have read that if you apply a couple of light coats of clear paint they can sometimes be salvaged.
  11. flyboy2610

Have You Ever Wondered?

They probably never sued geared locomotives because they knew they'd never collect a payout.
  12. flyboy2610

The FINAL Expansion

The "final" expansion? We've all heard THAT story before! Looks like you've got a good start there, along with a dedicated helper! A few trips to McD's should pay him nicely!
  13. flyboy2610

Northeastern HO scale switching layout

Modern 6 axle locomotives are not going to play nicely with #4 turnouts.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.