Recent content by flaps

1. F

What is up with Ebay?

Your probably correct, I know die-cast airplanes and cars are selling ok, and Car Parts sell real well, Trains I might not know, just seems like what I am looking for there are tons of buyers, I keep losing auctions. Was trying to get HO Acela Amtrak Cars, they get bid on a lot, PRR descent cars...
  2. F

What is up with Ebay?

What makes you think things are not selling on Ebay ?. I have sold, for my job almost a Million in Auto Parts Last Year, were having the best January ever so far, and on a personal level I have sold a lot of odds and ends, mainly Shelby Diecast Car's right now. When it comes to purchases, I...
  3. F

Rapido New Haven Parlor Cars ?

So to get these you have to order them well in advance of them being made. Is that normal, before you even see one ? http://rapidotrains.com/ho-new-haven-parlors/
  4. F

What is up with Ebay?

All the info in these two post are not accurate in my opinion. Ebay sides with the buyer more than seller but not 100% of the time. I sell tons of stuff on Ebay for my work and for personal stuff too, right now I am selling off large collection one by one of Shelby Cars. I have rarely had any...
  5. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

All the info you guys sent was fantastic, good info and most of it good fun reading. That said I still have not had any success finding affordable kind nice / ok cars, so sad :-( Anyway, I guess its not something that's as easy as I thought it would be, being a beginner again, I figured if the...
  6. F

What is up with Ebay?

We are kind of in agreement, accept I still sell all kinds of odds and ends on ebay with good sales and I find tons of stuff on there that I want at some of the best prices I can find, its not as easy as it used to be for purchasing and finding the deals or rare items , but its still there...
  7. F

What is up with Ebay?

You are correct, just like any shopping, you need to know the prices and check on sellers score to see if there a solid honest seller, then also make sure they don't hit you hard on shipping. That said its taking me more time trying to learn the train history on my GG-1 PRR quest that it was to...
  8. F

What is up with Ebay?

Ebay, easy to slam, easy to say you don't like it for one reason or another. I have been an Ebay seller and buyer since they 1st started. From my experience there is nothing better than Ebay for both selling and shopping. I get some of the best deals on many things, things you cant buy locally...
  9. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

Then there are some like this in the 8000's Say Post War, so I would guess 1946 and newer Bachmann Spectrum Combine PRR(Post War) Car # 9920 Item # 89241
  10. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

The # vary, I have a few choices one is 3818 another is 3325, and 4531 Hope that helps, thanks also for you help.
  11. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

Anyone know if this is a car the GG-1 would have pulled and what years it would have been used, thanks in advance for any info.
  12. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

I gotta tell you its not easy finding matching cars in one brand hat might remotely have ever been used with the Engine in the late 50's early 60's. Any wanted kind nice on a budget does not help. Anyway, I found lots if text links to info on the GG-1 and the cars they normally pulled, kind of...
  13. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

Hi, thanks for the tips, I did not know about the older Spectrum Bachman or hiawathahobbies, will check those out. So would any silver with Tuscan car be ok, mixed lengths ? or should I stick to 63' 85'. How do you find the info on what cars would go with this engine in say 1958 or so if...
  14. F

Hello from the Nevada Desert

Quick question, I went into the HO section early today, asked a question about Passenger Cars for my new Engine and got a moderator has to approve message, now some 6 hours later still no new post by me, did I do something wrong or is there a big delay when your new at making post ??? New post...
  15. F

Newbie with 1 inquiry

Hello, I said hi on the newbie page and got lots of nice welcomes, thanks for that. Now for my 1st real question, I purchased a PRR GG-1 by Bachmann, in both Brunswick Green with Solid Stripe and Tuscan Red with 5 Stripe, My question has to do with proper passenger cars to go with it. I can...

Back