Recent content by Ericsauto

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Ericsauto

Big Boy Locomotive Art.

Here is another one of his works of art and the Artist himself. His name is Jake Brinkmann. Remeber that name , he may be famous. https://elyriact.smugmug.com/Journalism/General-news/2016-Avon-Heritage-Duck-Tape/i-2CVCP77/A
  2. Ericsauto

Big Boy Locomotive Art.

He got his start doing an intern with a company called " Duck Tape" ( https://www.duckbrand.com/) They make all colors of tape and special make tapes. He was an artist for them and made things for trade shows. I was only half-serious when I asked him to make it. Google Duck Tape art. you'll be...
  3. Ericsauto

Big Boy Locomotive Art.

This has to be the pride and joy of my train collection. This picture is 4 feet by 2 feet in size. My friend's son is an incredible artist. I have always loved the "Big Boy" locomotive and about a year ago I ask him to make me one. Today he brought this to me after he attempted it three times...
  4. Ericsauto

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

I have too many to list or remember. I have some Florida road names, Pennsy, Baltimore, and Ohio, etc.I never really did represent any certain era or road name. I like too many things that I just run what I want to. I jokingly call my layout the "ANY Era Layout". I just like people to enjoy the...
  5. Ericsauto

Now I can Park and stage some trains!!
  6. Ericsauto

I really don't know. The whistle says "Mountainview, Arkansas"
  7. Ericsauto

I had a customer come in and ask if I wanted it. I gave him $25.00 for it . :-)
  8. Ericsauto

Here is is a picture of the train horn mounted on the wall.
  9. Ericsauto

Well, I worked for about 4 hours tonight putting down the tracks. Finally ran out of track but I got most of the yard put down. Used sheets of cork and nailed the track down so I could easily remove and change if I need it. I think it looked pretty darn straight. Now to get some more track to...
  10. Ericsauto

The airstreams I got from Walthers. The lady is pointing at a stack of wood and she is holding a shotgun and telling him "to quick drinking and get back to work! "
  11. Ericsauto

The chain pull is a train horn. I'm glad you liked it and caught the Eat Mor Chkin Cow. LOL
  12. Ericsauto

Ok, this is just a rough layout, no criticizing the track is crooked. :D Even though I use all PECO track and switches I decided to use my Atlas code 83 switches recycled from my old old Central Midland layout from 5 years ago. Hopefully, I can get all my rolling stocked smoothly through them...
  13. Ericsauto

I finally got most of the staging yard built. After 1 year of having the wood and not getting it done, it is looking like something. Such a busy year and so little done on the layout
  14. Ericsauto

I had a chance to do some scenes on some corners that were not very detailed. I like camping so I made a campground. I moved my cows from one area to this corner and added some fencing. I am actually ready for the cooler weather that will keep me working on the layout. ( I know a few cows are on...
  15. Ericsauto

Don't forget to Check the simple things on your DCC engines.

I notice that a lot of people were saying Marklin's 100 Ohm were hard to find or not made anymore and the went to 8 ohms. Some said the sound was lower which is ok by me because I turn my sound down. I only like to hear my sound from 4 feet away. I appreciate the input.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.