Recent content by En-TACT

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

1. E

Replace DCC Decoder for Bachmann 4-8-4.

Very Nice!
  2. E

HO Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern Greyhound

Hahaha ..hmmm, I wonder how much someone would be willing to pay for it??
  3. E

Thought I'd share a final shot of this finished project - however, I'm looking into installing a SoundTraxx Tsunami 2 decoder. :)
  4. E

I guess it shows my ignorance with DCC decoders. I have the locomotive's main headlight and the tender's rear headlight. I may plan to place a light in the cab. Which SoundTraxx heavy steam decoder is adequate for what I have?
  5. E

Here's a few pics...
  6. E

This is a Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern, Union Pacific with an oil tender. This model train is from the 90's. I rebuilt it and added a new drive train that was bundled with a decoder, as a project I took on. I think this decoder is Bachmann's brand, or a low standard SoundTraxx, as you will see in...
  7. E

I plan to do this myself. How difficult is it to swap the Bachmann decoder for a SoundTraxx Tsunami? Does SoundTraxx provide good wiring instructions - or will I have to research on the net?
  8. E

I came across that site too, during my Bachmann 4-8-4 search. However, that is N scale. Thanks for posting!
  9. E

..and this is a Bachmann HO locomotive?
  10. E

Hello - what's a recommended or the best DCC decoder (and speaker) replacement for a Bachmann 4-8-4 Northern? Looking for optimal performance and realistic sound.
  11. E

..a few more shots. And another project that is in the works on this shelf, a 1/700 Yamato. If interested, check it out:http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum...?f=59&t=161768
  12. E

It's been a while since my last post, and I thought to share some pictures with slight progress. I completed the display and added pins where I will run a .006 mm wire for both the bell and whistle. Enjoy!
  13. E

UPDATES: Added builders plates, blue lenses for marker lights, several details to tender.
  14. E

Applied a final semi-gloss coating. Added kadee cupler, wired headlight, created a numbered shield and bell. Left with the lens on marker lights...
  15. E

Applied hi-gloss clear coat on the tender. Doing work on the decoder and wheel contacts for tender. Project is coming close to its end...

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.