Recent content by EdYoungstrom

1. E

New here and thinking of returning to the hobby

I hear you both. So I’m just not keeping a list of purchases! I played around and decided to keep the layout simple. Just one terminal siding and two ovals. No interchange. I built this track plan based on Bachmann EZ-track leftover from a Christmas train. If this continues to be as fun and...
  2. E

I built up my small collection and set up a track plan—a double mainline with a siding—and started running a small train around it. And quickly found I had induced a dead spot somewhere. I checked all over and couldn’t quite find a simple solution, but everything pointed toward adding another...
  3. E

I did some more reading and stumbled across the Bachmann E-Z Command tutorial videos . That layout and what they do is pretty much what I had in mind, so I went out and bought their Roaring Rails starter set. I also pulled out my box o’stuff and found almost enough track for the layout I found...
  4. E

Thanks to you all. Will look into the other DCC brands.
  5. E

Hello everyone! My name is Ed and I have not had a model railroad layout since 1982. I did have a small N scale train around the Christmas tree a few years ago . In fact it’s still in a box in the basement. I am considering startingip a small N scale layout. A lot has changed and I’m...

Back